Nikon Service Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Electromen, Aug 3, 2007.

1. I sent a D200 and one lens to Nikon, Mellville, NY for service.
    My UPS tracking # shows they've had it for eight days.

Do they call with an estimate?
    Do they send it back repaired with an invoice?
    Should I call them to see what's up?

Thanks

2. Hi Greg...
    They received my camera monday, haven't heard all week.
    I just called them...
    They seemingly were not going to call me???

3. I've never had them call. It is your job to stay on top of them.

If work is needed, they'll mail you an estimate, but that's very slow. I'd stay on the phone to them and get the service number. Then you can log into the website and authorize repairs online.

4. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Also, their online status is not always up to date. Monday night they told me my D200 would be shipped out Tuesday or Wednesday. Tuesday AM their status showed it had shipped out last Friday, and I had it Wednesday. As suggested, call them. They are very pleasant and don't seem to mind.

5. thanks guys

I called, they gave me prices and having them fixed.
    Lens was under warranty and I paid for the D200

6. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    I work near the Melville area and dropped off my camera last month. I did receive a letter of Estimate/Acknowledgement with a service order number. Once you have a service order number you might need to approve the estimate of the repair (if there is one); "Okay to Repair" or "Do Not Repair" otherwise if the estimate for the repair of your equipment is $0.00, Nikon makes the repair without your needed authorization (such as a repair under warranty). You can either call Nikon or track the status of your repair via online once you have a service order number. Calling the Nikon service support folks, they will provide you with a more update status then the website. By the way, I'm still waiting for my repair to get completed, parts are on back order, but hopefully another week or two of waiting.