Nikon Service & their email "warning"

I dropped the D600 3 weeks ago on grass and sent it to Nikon to be checked. It is a minor repair, B2 and has been on parts hold... for over 3 weeks... different rant.

So they send me one estimate, then another and I call. I get an email as a result of the call and on the bottom it states as follows-

Any use, dissemination, distribution, posting on Internet bulletin boards, disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information contained herein by or to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this E-mail without reading or saving in any manner.[---001:000896:26061---]
What are they smoking to think that they can actually enforce such a thing? And do you think that they read the Café? :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Unreal :rolleyes: Its like Nikon has fired and replaced every single person in customer service and replaced them with total morons.
Gary

The one time I dealt with Nikon USA for service it took two times for them to get
it right and I was not impressed in the least... :frown:

I hear great things from everyone about APS so if I ever need service again I'm going
to try them first... :wink:

I used APS as well, but my 300 F4 is back to them a 3rd time.. 1st time replaced the AFS motor.. 2nd time 30 days later, replaced the AFs motor, 3rd time, aFS motor is making a lot of noise.. but they are great in that they just say.. send it back so we can fix it.. and free shipping. So no complaints.

I used APS as well, but my 300 F4 is back to them a 3rd time.. 1st time replaced the AFS motor.. 2nd time 30 days later, replaced the AFs motor, 3rd time, aFS motor is making a lot of noise.. but they are great in that they just say.. send it back so we can fix it.. and free shipping. So no complaints.
Yeah well nikon is the one supplying them with parts so it circles right back to them again.

Unless there's some kind of third party out there making AFS motors...?

Thorsten

What are they smoking to think that they can actually enforce such a thing?
Perhaps if they catch you disseminating their valuable emails, they will make you wait for several weeks or make you send the gear in multiple times for the same repair. :tongue:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Perhaps if they catch you disseminating their valuable emails, they will make you wait for several weeks or make you send the gear in multiple times for the same repair. :tongue:

It would be hard to tell the difference sometimes. :biggrin:

I don't think they actually enforce it, this is a fairly typical and standard disclaimer that is attached to most corporate emails. The company I work at automatically attaches these kinds of disclaimers as well to the bottom of all our emails and I work for a consultant.

Legally it's meant to keep individuals from publicly posting emails Nikon sent specifically to the recipient. There could be trouble if someone disclosed legally damning or corporate information. Practically, call me cynical :rolleyes:, but it seems to me it's more meant to discourage people from posting negative information about them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Practically, call me cynical :rolleyes:, but it seems to me it's more meant to discourage people from posting negative information about them.

That was my take. I especially like the fact that they felt that posting on Internet bulletin boards needed specific attention as if it was not use, dissemination, distribution, disclosure or copying.

Yeah, what you can do though is to paraphrase and relate the facts of the situation and the outcomes without including the actual text of their emails. The readers can draw their own conclusions. I'm involved with Onkyo in a warranty dispute over a defective Integra (high end) receiver. Originally I posted a rant but decided to just play their game and make it economically outrageous to keep trying to repair the unit. I will relate all the experiences..only the facts...on Amazon and AVSForum.com. If they replace the unit I will give them profuse credit for standing behind their products..if they slow walk me hoping I'll give up I'll just keep adding to the narrative. At almost seventy-one I'm not going to let this dispute ruin my life or raise my blood pressure.

I don't think they actually enforce it, this is a fairly typical and standard disclaimer that is attached to most corporate emails. The company I work at automatically attaches these kinds of disclaimers as well to the bottom of all our emails and I work for a consultant.

Same where I work. Typical corporate disclaimer.

An even better way to keep people from saying negative things about them is to remove any reason why people would want to say negative things.
In a perfect world, maybe. "Any" is an awfully encompassing word though. Trying to please everyone (an impossibility as highlighted in Lincoln's famous quote) means infinite resources. Compromises (a good word, actually) must be made and there will always be some who are unhappy, and others who will never be happy.

:smile:

An even better way to keep people from saying negative things about them is to remove any reason why people would want to say negative things.
People will always find negative things to say about any company no matter how good or bad their service actually is. People love complaining especially in forums where they will always find someone who will agree with them - it's just human nature :wink:

Real Name
Randy
call me a fanboy, many do, but i rarely need them and when i do they get it right every time and it's not usually an nps repair because i don't want to pre auth a repair

i thought we needed a positive post w/ all this negativity

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom