Nikon Strikes Back!

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by petert053, Dec 17, 2005.

1. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    The new cover of Popular Photography has the D200 on the cover with the tag-line "Nikon Strikes Back!!!"

...it's put me in a Star Wars mood and I've been humming Darth Vader's bad-guy theme since...

It's a short article and I haven't even read it yet, but I thought you'd all find it interesting... and a little bit funny :rolleyes:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good for NIkon.

I am so sick of all the Canon crap people post.

Goooo Nikon.

3. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Here, Here!! I completely agree... in my little "click" of photographers (hey - is that a pun??!!), we Nikon shooters are out-numbered by the Canon shooters... I think the tables are about to change!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Only reason Canon may outsell Nikon is price.. May not be quality. I have picked up a few and not impressed with build.
    Don't know how they shoot.

A good photographer is a good photographer, no matter what they shoot.

5. Well put Gale! Gooo Nikon! I keep hinting but I think my hubby will want me to sell the D2H first...Oh well, eight days to Christmas, I can only hope....:biggrin:

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Crystall,
    If you got a D200, not sure how much you would use the D2H.
    Kinda wish I had a D2H.

But, will prob wait till I can get a D200.

7. Enjoy it while it lasts. Canon has the technology and money to one-up Nikon any time they choose. Will their offering be a superior device? Not likely but it WILL hit hard at all the "specs" that drive the industry.

Canon builds to the market whims.
    Nikon simply builds a superior photographic tool.

Be proud to know that you know enough about a fine instrument to run against the grain of public hysteria.

Woody

8. petert053

petert053

Nov 19, 2005
    Austin, TX
    ...I'd kiss you if we weren't in different time-zones...:Wink:

Yeah, I've been trying to tell my friends this, but they're stuck in the Canon format because their glass investments... and so are we... but we've got great glass and camera...

...nee-neer, nee-neer!!

9. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Exactly Woody,