Nikon TC-20E III 2x Teleconverter

Looking to get one of these TC's and not sure it the genuine and imported are the same.
I see the price at B&H are the same for both but neither are available but there are many available on ebay.
Are they equal to each other or will i be sacrificing anything by getting an imported one off ebay.
Or does anyone know of a genuine one for sale from a camera store in the US

A simple word of warning.

All TC20eIII are not born the same and heavy variation occurs for different samples.

You have to try out the TC20eIII before buying and preferably amongst different samples.
While I do appreciate that this can only be done in a brick and mortar shop and they would not probably have different samples available but I think it is worth while informing you of the situation.

I tried 3 different ones before picking up mine which surprisingly had the oldest serial number of all three!

When buying online, be prepared to return more than once.

A simple word of warning.

All TC20eIII are not born the same and heavy variation occurs for different samples.

You have to try out the TC20eIII before buying and preferably amongst different samples.
While I do appreciate that this can only be done in a brick and mortar shop and they would not probably have different samples available but I think it is worth while informing you of the situation.

I tried 3 different ones before picking up mine which surprisingly had the oldest serial number of all three!

When buying online, be prepared to return more than once.
That would be a problem with ebay having to cover post to return it.

That would be a problem with ebay having to cover post to return it.
no offense intended to almass but you will hear this same advice from lots of people about everything nikon makes and i don't buy it
i have NEVER EVER not got a winner the 1st time i bought it and have never returned a single nikon body or lens

R

Reel1

no offense intended to almass but you will hear this same advice from lots of people about everything nikon makes and i don't buy it
i have NEVER EVER not got a winner the 1st time i bought it and have never returned a single nikon body or lens
I have been thinking that I am the only lucky one :)

I too am open to unforeseen events, but (knock on wood) I've never had an out-of-box quality issue with any Nikon product. One of the reasons I've been a loyal customer for 40 years, but perhaps I've just been lucky!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom