1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon Transfer crashing during RAW transfer

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by NateD, Sep 12, 2008.

1. NateD

NateD Guest

I'm not sure if it is an issue with Vista or not, but recently, I have been unable to do a transfer from my CF card using Transfer NX. I uninstalled it, rebooted, downloaded the file and the update and reinstalled and I can view the images on the card, choose a folder and set other preferneces, but as soon as I click the "Start Transfer" button, it crashes and has to close. Any ideas as to the cause of this?

2. Hi Nathan,
    How about just going into the memory card itself via My Computer, and just copying them over like that, for me its easier and quicker, and never crashes.
    Either way, I hope you get your photos tranfered in the end, Tom.

3. NateD

NateD Guest

Thanks, Tom that is actually what I am doing now...using Adobe Bridge to transfer my files....I'm just stumped as to why Transfer NX stopped working....

4. Mine has done this to.... I gave up with NX and switched to Lightroom...

Try this experiment.... shoot both JPG and Raw and try the import.. my NX would import the jpg's but crash on the NEF's....

I'd be interested to see if yours does that too....

ps- they don't have to be duplicate jpg/nef's.. shoot 10 jpg's then shoot 10 nef's

5. NateD

NateD Guest

Mine must be different, it crashes with both jpeg and RAW...still researching...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.