1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon Transfer problem

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by chrismead, Jul 28, 2008.

1. This is weird. When I use Nikon transfer with an SD card used in my D80, transfer moves the files as anticipated. When I use a CF card from the D300 it just sits there not seeing any content on the card. Naturally I can physically go onto the card and take off or add files at will using explorer.

I understand that this is not a major issue - I'm just irritated when I am unable to figure out a stupid problem.

I am using a generic card reader that has both SD and CF slots. The file structure on the cards is similar. Both slots are recognised by Nikon Transfer - just the pictures on the CF are not seen.

The Nikon Transfer came with the D300 and it would appear to have all the patches installed.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Chris

2. Nikkor AIS

Nikkor AIS

Jun 5, 2008
    Alberta
    Im having the same problem with a 8 gig card and capture NX2.

3. genera

genera

Oct 6, 2005
    California
    Even though both slots are part of the same card reader they have different drive letters. Have you told the OS what to do when it finds a card in that slot/drive? You may have an action defined for one and not the other.

4. I have no idea why, I puzzled over this for days and then it just worked and has continued working since. Unfortunately I have no idea what I did to get it working so unable to offer any advice. It may have been the prayer to Bill and the Vista God - always worth trying.

Chris

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.