Nikon transfer?

Application is great as I can download to two locations at one time, one being the back up.

Problem is the oldest pics on the card are on top and I have to display all the pics to get at the new ones on the bottom.

Adobe Photodownloader works reverse, newest on top. Problem with that is a dual card slot camera shows both cards and I get duplicates of everything.

Is there a way to reverse the order in Nikon Transfer?

I do not want to use a card reader.

Do I need to fill the card before reformatting and starting again? I thought I read it was better to fill the card.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Oldest pictures (with lower filenames) transfer first. But how long is it taking you? A new card reader really is a good idea, it is only a few dollars.

You do not need to fill the card. Just reformat it in the camera before you use it, to empty it.

I reformat in the camera after i download photos so i don't have to deselect or download all the old ones. I've not had a problem so far.

I wanted to stop reformatting after downloading because I mistakenly thought the card will keep writing to the same blocks thus causing a wear problem. Having done some further investigation, I find the firmware in the card has a built in algorithm to "level" the use of storage blocks over the whole card to stop this problem. I do not need to do it manually which is why I wanted to fill the card fully, ie spread the wear.

I will now happily go back to what I always have done, shoot , download, back up, reformat the card.

It sounds like you have everything figured out, but just to confirm, you can configure Transfer to only download new photos, so even if you haven't reformatted since your download, it will not re-download older photos.

I like using Transfer - in fact I use it over Lightroom's importer.

I know and have done that, but it still displays all the images and puts the newest ones at the bottom.

Therefore if the card has 200 images, it puts up 190 before the ten new ones. If I could get it to show just the 10 new, I would be much happier.

Thanks again for the help.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
It is hard to see what your problem is. Perhaps you are running an old version.

You should be running Nikon View NX2 which has version 2 of the transfer program inside it. All this software is free.

Once you have transferred the images you can see them in any order you want. You click on the button that says SORT near the top left.

Latest threads

Top Bottom