Nikon using the "WTL" system?

Paul,

At the computer manufacturing company where I used to work, we called that system JTL (for Just Too Late). :roll:

Frank

N

nfoto

D2X was officially released 25 February *this* year, so making that 6 months is slighly exaggerated in my book ...

Poor Nikon, little did they know they made a sales hit this time :)

Paul, surely you jest. Please stick around I love your humor and your helpful manor to all. I am keeping my fingers crossed for your D2X to arrive. As one who earns some suplemental income from my "hobby" I can understand your frustration.

C

Carol Steele

Yeah, I was going to suggest that you ring Park Cameras and ask for my friend there, I believe AJ Purdy has also just received another shipment - but as you have yours now I won't bother :D

Congratulations to you Paul and a big thanks to your wife for being persistent. I know you must still be jumping up and down from the excitement. It's just the same as being a little kid getting toys for xmas and it should be. You deserve it for having to wait so long.

Now you owe your wife a dinner perhaps???

Paul,
Stick around I am sure i speak for everyone when I say that I enjoy your contributions. I just got mine today after B&H surprised me the other day when I called for the third time in the same day. I wasn't going to call and almost did not but at the last minute i say what the heck and was shocked when toward the end of the day the salesman said D2x, oh yeah sure we have that in stock how many do you want? You could have knocked me over with a feather. I thought he was kidding at first and had to ask him three times before I was convinced he was serious. He laughed and told me that was a very common reaction.

I have had it for a few hours and taking some pictures around the house with a book in one hand and the camera in the other, it has been great fun exploring and learning. the camera is brilliant and can make an average photographer look like he/she knows what they are doing.

I told Gaye in an email earlier, that I am happier than Pinnochio when he found out he could become a boy.

It's so good to hear you have the camera in your hand and what you said sounds like me the first day I had mine except I kiss mine and said "finally you are in my arms" Just kidding!!! but darn close.

The part you said about the camera can make an average photographer know what they are doing is absolutely correct. With my Fuji, I had to work hard to take a decent picture and 2 years to take a good one. :lol:

Paul,

Don't worry about OTT. I'm sure that Patrick and Frank are a little looser on that than DPR as long as it is not carried overboard. I use PM's if anything goes way over but in this case it's not and I enjoy people who express what they feel. That shows us the world still does have good caring people.

Have fun with the X

Man, I can't beleive you were waiting this long!

Also a bit surprized you didn't attempt to allocate 1 elsewhere. I'm sure you mentioned it before, but man, so many months of waiting about to come to an end. Good for you & the Mrs, Paul!
PS, think jewelry, expensive jewelry ;)

Sensible shoes? Dinner at a fine restaurant?

Doing extra housework? I know, a foot massage! I see what you mean by the jewelry being a bad idea to a Geologist. Lucky you! Wished me ex would'a been a Geologist! :roll:
Any rate, hope it comes soon!

Latest threads

Top Bottom