Nikon View 6.2.7 is just out!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Steve S, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
  2. I'm confused, I thought they were pushing everyone toward picture project and putting Nikon view to bed?

3. Hope not Picture project totally sucks... horrible program to use...

4. That was the word when Nikon Picture Project came out. There was an uproar from folks that just totally disliked Picture Project (me included - it is a DOG :eek: ). Since then we have had several updates of Nikon View and this latest one is a "full install". I guess Nikon listens after all... I am glad they do, because Nikon View is fine with me.

5. I have Nikon View but haven't ever used it. I guess I should check it out sometime but I thought it was for mainly importing images? :confused:

6. I'll tell you my application(s):
    Importing, that is mainly what I use it for John. It does do a good job at that with my D1x. I like the transfer utility and then use it for a first screening of my NEF's. Then it's off to Capture for RAW files postprocessing, followed by a bit of PS CS for the final touch (minimal).
    Then, for filing and viewing I use ACDSee 7.0 and for printing, I use Qimage exclusively.

7. Huh...I just put the CF card into the reader and it mounts on my desktop and I drag/drop my files from there.

Of course now I use Aperture so that saves me a step.

8. Sure, that works fine. It is just that I like the Auto-launch transfer with preset destination - all in one simple click (or press enter). Then it shows the NEF's quickly for a first screening. All of this just being my preference, of course - many other ways to do it.

9. I'll check it out..thanks for the info!

10. Until I can completely convert over to Bridge/CS2 workflow and learn how to use ACR, there is still a need to view the NEFs without opening up memory hog Bridge then back to Capture, then to CS2...

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I do it like Frits.
    Loads the right up. Can view , usually view 100%.. Get rid of junk. Open in NC process. Save as tiff in a different folder, go to PSCS@ and process from there, size etc..

Some I process in ACR depends on the image.