Nikon View Corrupts

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Chris C, Oct 4, 2005.

1. I'm having a problem downloading RAW from my D70. I recently shot about 130 RAW images and downloaded them with Nikon View so I could work on them in Raw Shooter. About 10% of them are streaked with multi colors, no two alike. I understand that NV is sometimes guilty of changing RAW images so that Raw Shooter (or similar programs) is looking at an unrecognizable file. Can anyone suggest another convertor (free) which will do the job for me?

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. nfoto

nfoto Guest

I would rather have suspected the linkage between camera and PC than the software itself. Did you use direct USB connection, or a card reader? The latter is always preferable.

Data transmission errors would cause the symptoms you describe. The underlying cause could be poor camera battery, or a faulty USB cable.

4. I use a Sandisk card reader......with a 1GB Lexar 80X card.........and have never had this problem before. (though I've not taken as many pictures with my digital camera as you, Paul) I always reformat the card when I install it in the camera.