Nikon Warranty Service

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by dbirdsong, Jul 25, 2005.

1. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I need to send one of my D70's back to Nikon in the next couple days to have the flash contacts fixed (it is not talking to the SB800 correctly)
    From what I can tell you just box it up with your proof of purchase and send it to them with a letter stating what is wrong.
    Is that it?

Dave

2. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    You need to include the little one page NIKON DIGITAL EQUIPMENT WARRANTY (black and white) which came with it as well.

3. Are you certain of that?

I have sent in my D70 once and D2Xs four times and all I have ever included was a copy of the receipts and a letter describing the problem.

4. KJD2121

KJD2121 Guest

I just sent in and received back my 50mm f1.8 Af lens. Fixed free of charge with it being 8 months out of warranty (oil on aperature blades). All I sent in was proof of purchase(receipt) and a letter.

Good luck

5. According to the Nikon website you only need include the proof of purchase receipt. I know that conflicts with what is printed on the Warranty, but that's how it is.

Woody

6. In many cases they don't even include the warranty paper with much of the Nikon equipment now. I have sent my D100 in for warranty work and did not include the warranty paper. No problem.

7. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    The receipt will tell them when the year is up, the SN is in their data base, that's what will tell them whether it's USA or grey. In the old days, you had to send one part of the warranty paper, but then came computers.....