Nikon Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
What do folks think of this lens now? Last post is several months ago. Anyone love this lens, or decide they don't like it? (and why?)

I have been using this lens for months now, and I am very happy with it.

If you want a versatile lens for travel and hiking, or just a Sunday afternoon walk, you can sling a camera with this lens over your shoulder and you have all the focal lengths you need in one lens. The ultimate image quality is not always everything. Sometimes practicalities are important.

I bought this lens for hiking. It was a choice between the Z7 +24-200 and an Olympus EM1 +12-100. They weigh about the same and the Z7 spanks the Olympus for image quality ( as it should). But I also found it great for my visits to Italian cities and monuments.

The image quality is very good and the few foibles of this lens can be fixed in post. I did not expect it to be this good.

The first image made the front page here.

DSZ_7373 1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSZ_7424 1.jpg

DSZ_6836 1.jpg

DSZ_7080 1.jpg

DSZ_7069 1.jpg

Real Name
Mike
I have been using this lens for months now, and I am very happy with it.

If you want a versatile lens for travel and hiking, or just a Sunday afternoon walk, you can sling a camera with this lens over your shoulder and you have all the focal lengths you need in one lens. The ultimate image quality is not always everything. Sometimes practicalities are important.

I bought this lens for hiking. It was a choice between the Z7 +24-200 and an Olympus EM1 +12-100. They weigh about the same and the Z7 spanks the Olympus for image quality ( as it should). But I also found it great for my visits to Italian cities and monuments.

The image quality is very good and the few foibles of this lens can be fixed in post. I did not expect it to be this good.

The first image made the front page here.

View attachment 1682454

View attachment 1682456

View attachment 1682457
View attachment 1682458

View attachment 1682459
In the hands of a good photog like you most lenses will shine. And the more you understand it's limitations the better. Case in point, I get wonderful photos w/ my '90s 180mm 2.8 EDIF lens.

Reactions: NCV
Just received this lens and trying to learn how best to use it-
20210617  13 30 021-Edit-2.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom