Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4 S

Real Name
Maurie Hill
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
A couple from today’s visit to Mount Cook, New Zealand. Z7, 24-70/4

Real Name
Maurie Hill
A couple of multi-frame HDR shots off the Z7 24-70/4. Processed with Aurora and Luminar

A little lake west of Boston Bar, Canada

Real Name
Deborah
Biscuits...

Real Name
Paul
This really is an excellent lens. First is a stitch.

The Remains of the Day by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

Dam Reflections by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

Hidden Bridge by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

Enjoying the Evening Light by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

Holy Trinity, Stratford-upon-Avon by Paul Kaye, on Flickr

Although I am not as good a photographer as most on this site, I wanted to share some walk-around photos I took with my new Z7 and 24-70 F/4.
It was about 9 AM here in San Francisco, and these pics are straight out of camera - this is the exact look, color, and darkness of the sky. The white balance was set to "cloudy" as it made the colors the most correct. The combo of low lying fog and a high layer of smoke made it apocalyptic and it stayed this way all day. Note the marquee on the movie theater that has not changed since March. On the plus side the camera and lens are awesome

Although I am not as good a photographer as most on this site, I wanted to share some walk-around photos I took with my new Z7 and 24-70 F/4.
It was about 9 AM here in San Francisco, and these pics are straight out of camera - this is the exact look, color, and darkness of the sky. The white balance was set to "cloudy" as it made the colors the most correct. The combo of low lying fog and a high layer of smoke made it apocalyptic and it stayed this way all day. Note the marquee on the movie theater that has not changed since March. On the plus side the camera and lens are awesome

View attachment 1669753View attachment 1669754
Excellent work. Yeah, some of that crud is headed our way today, but at least were are safe from fire—so far.

Wow. Apocalyptic indeed. Your images capture the reality of the situation.

Stay safe. Good luck.

Hope you are safe and healthy. We've had smoke the smoke here, but this looks a lot worse than anything we've had. I feel sorry for those with respiratory problems, and for all those who may get respiratory problems from the smoke.

No need to talk down your images. You captured a dramatic mood, a horror for sure.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom