Nikon Z 50 EFCS to 1/4000

I do not have a camera yet, but does the Z50's electronic front-curtain shutter support the same 1/4000 sec speed as the mechanical shutter? It is amazing considering the big-brother Z7 supports only 1/2000 for its EFCS...

Page 303 of the Z50 reference manual states "
D “Electronic Front-Curtain Shutter”
The fastest shutter speed available when Electronic front-curtain shutter is selected is 1/2000 s."

Thank you! I missed that. I now see that under d4 menu description.

P.S.: I put this in the Z Forum, but was moved to DX DSLR Forum... Well, Z50 is not DSLR camera! It's a Z.

Last edited:
I am testing my Z50 with 16-50mm Z lens. In d4 Shutter type, I cannot choose Mechanical shutter option - it is greyed out. Don't know why it is disabled when I am using a Z KIT lens. I can set to Auto or EFCS, but not Mechanical shutter. Nikon Manual does say some shutter option may not be available in some lenses, but I am using a genuine 16-50mm lens. Strange thing is that with Auto setting, I can shoot a mech shutter at 1/4000 sec. I know it is the mech shutter because EFCS only goes to 1/2000. .... So I am using the mech shutter, even if I cannot choose Mech Shutter in d4 Shutter type menu manually.... I do not know why it is disabled???

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom