Nikon Z 50mm f/1.2 S

As there is no 50 f1.2S thread, I thought I would start one.

I purchased this lens about a month ago and it is possibly my favourite lens, now. Superb sharpness right from wide open and across the frame at all apertures. Beautiful bokeh and colour rendition.

As I was trying out the new Nikon 50 f1.2S lens on a few subjects, a wild King Parrot landed in our franginpani tree out the back. He sometimes visits, mostly in spring mostly with his mate, and we can sometimes feed them some seed if we are careful. I haven't seen the female for a few days, but we are speculating that she is possibly on the nest as it spring here in Austalia. The male, and female for that matter, have both been very keen to get food, so we are thinking that they are feeding young and are thus a little more bold and not so concerned with us. I took a tray of seed out and put it down in the usual spot, but instead he flew into the house and landed on my grandsons toy kitchen cooktop! What an opportunity to try out the lens! After I took a few shots, I had to then get the tray of seed and get him to jump on it and then very carefully take him outside whilst on the tray feeding! I did it this way as if we tried to shoo him out, he may have flown into a window and that would have been disasterous. Anyway, I am really chuffed at being able to interact with these beautiful birds. I love these birds.

Z7II + 50 f1.2S, f2, 1/320sec, ISO640
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Z7II + 50 f1.2S, f1.2, 1/320sec, ISO200
original.jpg

Our pet rabbit, "Cinnamon Bun"

Z7II + 50 f1.2S, f1.2, 1/160sec, ISO110
original.jpg

Z7II + 50 f1.2S, f1.2, 1/1600sec, ISO64
original.jpg

Z7II + 50 f1.2S, f1.2, 1/800sec, ISO80
original.jpg

I do NOT need another lens. I do not need another lens. My wife will leave me if I buy another lens. Hope she's happy. Ordered. 🍷
Really? You've ordered the lens, Rick? Wow!! However, I take no responsibility!! LOL.

It's a *stunning* lens.

One from today:
26 photo stacked photos at f4, Z7II.
Being in lockdown, it is difficult to get out to take some "street" photos for which the 50 f1.2S is great for. So, seeing as it is spring and my wife's flowers have never looked better, I decided to take a shot of her Hippeastrums or Amaryllis.
original.jpg

A few more.
Z7II + 50 f1.2S
original.jpg

original.jpg

11 stacked images
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom