Nikon Z 70-200mm

Preordered at launch and it finally arrived last week.
Picture taken with Z7 at 200mm and f2.8, Auto iso of 250 and shutter speed 1/400.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rare sunny day this September, bird feeder stand covered in cobwebs. FL =195mm f3.2.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Nice...would be interested in your first impressions. Having the 70-200 E , I've been waffling on the purchase of the 70- 200 S for the Z6
Me too. I have the FTZ and use it with the 70-200E. The length of the 70-200S is shorter than the 70-200E + FTZ, and the 70-200S weighs less. The 24-70/4S and 70-200/2.8S will be a perfect kit for me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys.

First the system; I am finding entire Z experience very satisfying, my favourite so far is Z 50mm f1.8 (have 24, 50, 85 and 24-70f4). New 50 easily beat old 50mm f1.4 AFD on optical performance.

I don’t have personal experience with current F mount 70-200E zoom, understand new Z lens provides some marginal optical improvements.

New Z 70-200 lens balance very nicely on smallish Z7 body, also it doesn’t feel heavy, just about right. I carry this combination using Magpul QD strap with RRS camera base plate and small plate fitted to tripod foot, both plates have QD sockets. I even feel confident going without carry strap as Z+70-200 feels securely glued to hands (but only round house).

So far no opportunities going out, used it round the house, pictorially nothing much but couldn’t fault it on technical quality of images. I am/was for a long time manual focus guy so need some practice with AF. I already experienced that Z can deliver good AF performance even with older firmware. I believe this lens will shine in open space.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
..... I am/was for a long time manual focus guy so need some practice with AF. I already experienced that Z can deliver good AF performance even with older firmware. I believe this lens will shine in open space.
If you want to learn ALL there is to know about the Nikon Mirrorless system, check out Steve Perry's book. He explains it all in an entertaining and easy to understand manner. Worth a lot more than he charges.....! LOL!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom