Showcase Nikon Z 85 mm f/1.8 S

Real Name
Steve
For a local restaurant's holiday drink menu. A little "Dramatic" added in Luminar 3 to give it a touch of vintage to match their other materials. From the jpg because it'll never print bigger than 2"x3" on a small menu printed in-house.

SRH_6193c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

That's an excellent photo, Steven. Lighting is near ideal to my eye. Initially I was going to object to the bright lights in the upper right, but I now think they help to place the scene in a bar, which is appropriate. The lens obviously did a great job.

I cringe to see what they did to that wonderful whisky to make that unappetizing-looking drink, however (my opinion).

That's an excellent photo, Steven. Lighting is near ideal to my eye. Initially I was going to object to the bright lights in the upper right, but I now think they help to place the scene in a bar, which is appropriate. The lens obviously did a great job.

I cringe to see what they did to that wonderful whisky to make that unappetizing-looking drink, however (my opinion).
I remember a business trip to Las Vegas and an evening with a couple of customers. One offered to buy a round. I ordered a rather expensive single malt scotch, double please. The bartender asked how I wanted it. In a glass, I replied, preferably clean. Ah, neat, he replied.

Real Name
Walter Rowe

Excellent observation Jim. I had the same initial impression, but reading your comment made me think differently.

Had a lovely christmas styled setup and used the 85 on it.

Z7 85mm f1.8

Real Name
Steve
This client wants their photos to be done on site and as authentic as possible. Food can be slightly styled but must accurately represent what is served. So, I shoot drinks on the bar or at a table. To them, the experience is part of the product, and I like that. I also design the actual printed pieces and have had large purveyors use my designs/photos over theirs.

Getting to know the lens, very pleased with close focus performance and OOF highlights, lots to be said about absence of aspheric elements providing clear light balls.

Shot with Z7 at max F stop.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom