Nikon Z Custom Controls

I read that the focus ring on native Z lenses can be reprogrammed for other functions. I've tried setting this for exposure compensation on both my Z6 and Z50, but it doesn't seem to work on either. With it set this way, the ring still changes focus on the two kit lenses, even if I depress the +/- button at the same time. It does not affect EC.

What am I not doing right?

I read that the focus ring on native Z lenses can be reprogrammed for other functions. I've tried setting this for exposure compensation on both my Z6 and Z50, but it doesn't seem to work on either. With it set this way, the ring still changes focus on the two kit lenses, even if I depress the +/- button at the same time. It does not affect EC.

I assume you are changing at f2 custom controls (shooting), then tabbing over to lens control ring?
are you using a native Z lens?

Wait, I bet you have it in manual focus which overrides the change?

Real Name
Harry
Works as advertised on my Z6. f2, custom control assignment, scroll down to lens control ring, click OK which offers Focus, Aperture, Exposure Compensation, ISO sensitivity, None. Make your selection, click OK. Should do it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Works as advertised on my Z6. f2, custom control assignment, scroll down to lens control ring, click OK which offers Focus, Aperture, Exposure Compensation, ISO sensitivity, None. Make your selection, click OK. Should do it.
Yep, that's exactly what I had done. But it is working now. Couldn't possibly be user error. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom