Nikon Z DX 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR

JLH

I have not yet used my new 50-250 Z lens as much as some of you. I did do some tests of my nice little Canon 70-300 on the Z50 (Fringer adapter) to compare it with my Nikon DX 70-300 and was impressed with the Canon version. But then I shot some of the same subjects with the new Z 50-250 and saw the light! While all three lenses did quite well the Z lens beat them all on the subjects I was working with that day. More testing with different subjects under different conditions are needed of course but so far I have to give this 50-250 high marks just as others have.

I have not yet used my new 50-250 Z lens as much as some of you. I did do some tests of my nice little Canon 70-300 on the Z50 (Fringer adapter) to compare it with my Nikon DX 70-300 and was impressed with the Canon version. But then I shot some of the same subjects with the new Z 50-250 and saw the light! While all three lenses did quite well the Z lens beat them all on the subjects I was working with that day. More testing with different subjects under different conditions are needed of course but so far I have to give this 50-250 high marks just as others have.
I think this lens is unbeatable for that price.
Plastic fantastic lens!

Long Beach CA.
WTCLB.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

JLH

I have used my 50-250 from my Z50 with my new Z5 and it works great. I am sure that if I tried to blow it up to a wall sized picture i would notice. I have two bird photos in my bedroom. Both are like 14" wide. One shot with a 24 MP D7100 the other shot with my old Panasonic FZ50 10 MP superzoom camera. Standing a few feet away looking at them you can not tell any difference in quality between them. Both are sharp and clear. I have no issues with a good photo taken at 10 MP for a normal sized print. Now, if you want a wall sized or so, that might be a different matter.

The 50-250 on the Z50 is nice for window light portraits. It's working distance allows Po to ponder without distraction.
po@50-250.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom