Showcase Nikon Z 50-250mm f/4.5-6.3 VR DX

I got a used copy of the lens yesterday. It's going to be a nice lens for hiking with my Z50. It's much smaller and lighter than my 70-300 lens. We had new snow fall last night and everything looks beautiful today. So I tried out the new lens.
DSC_2672-Edit.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
DSC_2673.jpg
DSC_2701.jpg
DSC_2703.jpg
DSC_2707.jpg
DSC_2710.jpg

I got a used copy of the lens yesterday. It's going to be a nice lens for hiking with my Z50. It's much smaller and lighter than my 70-300 lens. We had new snow fall last night and everything looks beautiful today. So I tried out the new lens. View attachment 1676164 View attachment 1676165 View attachment 1676166 View attachment 1676167 View attachment 1676168 View attachment 1676169
Glad for you Terry.
Nice set.
I think this lens is a plastic fantastic. ?

I hope I say the same thing after I give It a good trial!!
If your copy is a good one, no probleme for your satifaction. Couple examples with mine.
Z50_5855_DxO1.jpg
Z50_5907_DxO_LR4.jpg
Z50_6046_DxO1_CFX2.JPG

Z50_5839_DxO-denoise.jpg

I was experimenting with my 50-250 lens the other day. I was indoors on a fairly gloomy day and figured the lens would never give me a good result in those conditions handheld. Greg was reading and I took a candid photo of him. The 1/20 second shutter was surprising. The VR on the lens works very well. I was a bit worried about the Z50 because it doesn't have internal IS. But unless this image was a total fluke, I think it will be more usable indoors that I first thought. It would never work for my quick moving grandkids. But a stationary subject seems doable. The high ISO performance isn't as good as my Z6, but still is very good.

DSC_2919-Edit.jpg

I was experimenting with my 50-250 lens the other day. I was indoors on a fairly gloomy day and figured the lens would never give me a good result in those conditions handheld. Greg was reading and I took a candid photo of him. The 1/20 second shutter was surprising. The VR on the lens works very well. I was a bit worried about the Z50 because it doesn't have internal IS. But unless this image was a total fluke, I think it will be more usable indoors that I first thought. It would never work for my quick moving grandkids. But a stationary subject seems doable. The high ISO performance isn't as good as my Z6, but still is very good.

View attachment 1677311
Glad you are happy with this plastic fantastic.

Excellent use of the lens, Terri. It's pretty impressive, especially considering the price.

Great subjects, too. Where were they swimming at this time of year?
St. George, Utah at my son-in-law's parent's vacation home. The above photo was when they were in the hot tub. But they did swim, too. The air temp was in the upper 50s but the pool was heated to 87 degrees. I sure wouldn't want to pay for that heating bill.

Here are a couple of the kids in the pool taken with the 50-250.

DSC_3260.jpg

My grandson likes his dad to throw him up in the air.
DSC_3294.jpg

St. George, Utah at my son-in-law's parent's vacation home. The above photo was when they were in the hot tub. But they did swim, too. The air temp was in the upper 50s but the pool was heated to 87 degrees. I sure wouldn't want to pay for that heating bill.

Here are a couple of the kids in the pool taken with the 50-250.

View attachment 1677777

My grandson likes his dad to throw him up in the air.
View attachment 1677778
Nice shots Terri.
What is your verdict about the 50-250 ?

Latest threads

Top Bottom