Nikon Z fc - a good camera

Somebody gave me a kind review on my new book - Nikon Z fc A complete Guide on Amazon. I like this "retro" camera. I actually still own Nikon FM2 camera, by the way. The Z fc is very similar to the Z50, but no flash and no User Settings (no camera VR and no sensor cleaning). The menu user-interface is based on the second-generation paradigm, that is, a slight change from the Z6/Z7/Z50/Z5, more in tune with Z6II/Z7II. The kit lens is silver but the same as black 16-50mm, that is, a very high-quality lens. The camera handles very well. I like this flipping-out rear monitor, like Canon's and others. The 20 MP is plenty, even on the DX sensor. I think the new Z 50mm macro lens (FX) is a very good match with this Fc camera.
1630196945976.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Attachments

• A10_4136.JPG
    A10_4136.JPG
    341.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Somebody by the name of Mr. Thom Hogan published his book on Nikon Z fc. The book war has commenced!
In terms of the organization of my book this time, I emphasized the i menu within the Nikon user-interface paradigm, showing the corresponding i menu and a regular menu side-by-side (if i menu is allowed), because the i menu is the most useful place to access the Nikon functions. But I always felt 12 spots are not enough... My recommendation to Nikon is that they allow "multiple" i menus - say, 3 pages of i menu - i menu No.1,2,3, by clicking the i button, click, click, click, and the 3 i menus toggle. Canon EOS has a more colorful and more flexible menu-access structure. Canon seems to be more graphical and flexible, but more complex. I am not sure that is a good thing or not.... I am talking about the menu function access besides going through the regular menu tree. In Nikon, the i menu is the only way. That's why it is very important, and useful. After using Canon for a while, I miss their colorful and more graphical user-interface, but I think Nikon is easier to use and remember. Well, I am a Nikon guy, so I may be biased...

1630685363832.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom