1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nikon Z Pics Thread

Discussion in 'Nikon Z Mirrorless Forum' started by Walter, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Posts are coming from all over the world that people are receiving their Z7 cameras and kits today. My local camera shop and NPS both said I should be able to get mine today. I look forward to this new venture into the smaller mirrorless form factor with D850 quality image and build. I also am getting the 24-70/4 S lens and FTZ adapter.

Who else is getting the Z7 body? How about Z6 in November when it arrives?

2. gryphon1911

gryphon1911

Mar 20, 2017
    Central Ohio
    Andrew
    I've ordered the Z6. Can't wait to hear what others have to say with some real world use. I've downloaded the Z7 manual and will start going through it here soon.

3. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Have fun and please, post results...

Regards
    Klaus

4. eric d.

eric d.

Apr 19, 2018
    Germany
    Eric
    Yes do that please..
    i`will not buy a z6/z7 , because it
    can`t replace or complete my D850 for wildlife or sports

5. Walter, I am eager to hear your impressions.

6. I wish they released the Z6/Z7 simultaneously!

7. Despite the mirrorless hype, there are many things OVF DSLRs are better suited for.

8. gryphon1911

gryphon1911

Mar 20, 2017
    Central Ohio
    Andrew
    Ok, so here is the funny thing. I just got an email from Nikon. It stated, your new gear is being shipped in the Subject line. Imagine my surprise, as I ordered the Z6 and not the Z7.

I open the email and they are shipping me the FTZ Adapter now. lol. I hope the Z6 ships early November!! That dag gone adapter will haunt and mock me now! :D 

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Read Edgar Allen Poe's The Tell-tale Heart. Then hide that adapter deep in the basement.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. drr1531

drr1531

Jan 2, 2009
    Alaska
    That's Nikon for you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. A line from a Beatles song, Drive My Car, leaps to mind. "I've got no car and it's breakin' my heart. But, I got me a driver and that's a start."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. You could always post a sarcastic note on Twitter - - - OOPS, my bad, you're on a social media black out :D :D :D 

13. I think we doing fine with the sarcasm right here on the Cafe, Nick. ;) 

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Touché! (y)

• Like Like x 1
  15. gryphon1911

gryphon1911

Mar 20, 2017
    Central Ohio
    Andrew
    I could! Blackout not in affect until Oct. 1 :D 

16. Haha, that's like getting keys to your new sports car, but you won't get the actual car for another two months!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. They may be backordered by the time the Z6 ships so kudos for Nikon getting you one now.

18. We're waiting with bated breath.

19. Cat photos are up at DPReview.

20. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    NPS says my camera has shipped. My local shop says it won’t arrive until tomorrow. Hoping I can get it tomorrow (Friday) afternoon. If not, then Saturday. Very eager to get this. Sadly no software supports it natively yet except Nikon’s software. Some are using exiftool to change the camera model to Nikon D850 and are processing in Lightroom. I’m reluctant to do that.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.