Nikon Z Pics Thread

Real Name
Deborah
These images are sweet! I'm about to go mirrorless and was hoping to determine which to get. You guys didn't disappoint and I still don't know which one to get lol but I'm probably leaning to the Z6 tho

Real Name
Ian
Nice shots Bill, but I'd watch how you do the masking to simulate the blurred background. I would personally use a gradient with the foreground not blurred, blending in to the background. Looking at the two images, it's very obvious that you simply masked out the subject, and blurred everything else because the foreground is blurred, despite being on the same focal plane as the subject.

Real Name
Ian
These images are sweet! I'm about to go mirrorless and was hoping to determine which to get. You guys didn't disappoint and I still don't know which one to get lol but I'm probably leaning to the Z6 tho
You already have a D750. Do you regularly wish that you had more resolution? If so, get the Z7. If not, get the Z6.

Real Name
Bill
Nice shots Bill, but I'd watch how you do the masking to simulate the blurred background. I would personally use a gradient with the foreground not blurred, blending in to the background. Looking at the two images, it's very obvious that you simply masked out the subject, and blurred everything else because the foreground is blurred, despite being on the same focal plane as the subject.

I totally agree. I went back in later and actually removed it entirely on the sign picture. Just too much.

Just a few random photos from me shot on the Z6

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Deborah
I own the Z7. The files are enormous. Get the Z6 unless you need the higher resolution.
You already have a D750. Do you regularly wish that you had more resolution? If so, get the Z7. If not, get the Z6.
Thankfully I dont need the extra resolution. I bought the last z6 that Best Buy had today and the adapter came free. Down side is it was body only, they didn't have the kit with 24-70. Then my first shock was buying a memory card. then I just realized only one lens is af-s so i lose auto focus on the other glass. Not a deal breaker as i can still use those on my D7500.

Will i lose quality with existing af-s fx glass?

Real Name
Chris
For those of you who enjoy the Aurora Borealis, here is a shot I took this weekend here in Eagle Harbor, Michigan.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom