Nikon Z Pics Thread

DSC_1114.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Vietnam beach (Z6 and 24-70/4S)

Trip to the Bay of Fundy. Bird in flight is a Manx Shearwater and the second photo is a tail berach of a Humpback.
Taken with a Z6+FTZ / Sigma 100-400mm.

SEA BIRD.jpg

HUMPBACK TAIL.jpg

Real Name
Walter Rowe
I finally got new strobes. This was taken OUTDOORS in a well lit (but shaded) area. The "dark" background is actually the relatively light vinyl siding of my neighbor's house. This was taken approximately 6-7 feet from the front of the lens (no cropping here).

I purposely chose to get a tight cropped image with shallow depth of field. The latest firmware from Nikon includes eye focus and it REALLY works – even over SnapBridge – when you choose the dynamic AF area AF setting.

This test started out as a means to get acquainted with using these new lights in an outdoor setting. They are battery powered so I am now more mobile and wanted to give outdoors some exercise.

Camera: Nikon Z7 w/ FTZ + Nikkor 70-200/2.8E
Release: Nikon SnapBridge on iPhone iOS 12
Lighting: FlashPoint AD400 Pro w/ 24" x 36" softbox
Process: Capture One Pro 12 edit / export to JPG

WPR-20190830-1864.jpg

ISO 100, f/2.8, 1/125s, 200mm, 3D Matrix Metering w/ -1.3 exp comp

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Looks great, Walter!! What strobes did you purchase? I hadn't thought of using snapbridge for a self portrait. Looks like it worked perfectly using the eye autofocus.
Thank you Terri.

I purchased two FlashPoint AD400 Pro TTL strobes and one AD600 Pro TTL. This portrait was taken with a single AD400. Adorama had a sale going so I jumped. I love that these strobes are battery powered and thus portable. They also come with very nice cases. I have Hensel studio strobes that are nice for studio work, but they have fewer stops of power range (5 stops vs 9 stops in the FlashPoint) and require wall power or a separate battery source in order to use them on location.

FP XPLOR AD600 Pro TTL w/ HSS + R2 Pro Radio Trigger
FP XPLOR AD400 Pro TTL w/ HSS + Accessories

The sale is now over. I saved nearly $300.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
That works great, Walter! I especially like the attention paid to the colors of the background and shirt that so nicely complement the color of your eyes.
Thanks Mike. I'd really like to take credit for that color matching, but I must concede it was pure coincidence that I wore that shirt. The vinyl siding background is actually a medium to light blue, but exposure management made it look darker.

Thank you Terri.

I purchased two FlashPoint AD400 Pro TTL strobes and one AD600 Pro TTL. This portrait was taken with a single AD400. Adorama had a sale going so I jumped. I love that these strobes are battery powered and thus portable. They also come with very nice cases. I have Hensel studio strobes that are nice for studio work, but they have fewer stops of power range (5 stops vs 9 stops in the FlashPoint) and require wall power or a separate battery source in order to use them on location.

FP XPLOR AD600 Pro TTL w/ HSS + R2 Pro Radio Trigger
FP XPLOR AD400 Pro TTL w/ HSS + Accessories

The sale is now over. I saved nearly $300.
How kind of you to give me such detailed information. I've filed away the links for future reference!!

Real Name
Chris
I finally got new strobes. This was taken OUTDOORS in a well lit (but shaded) area. The "dark" background is actually the relatively light vinyl siding of my neighbor's house. This was taken approximately 6-7 feet from the front of the lens (no cropping here).

I purposely chose to get a tight cropped image with shallow depth of field. The latest firmware from Nikon includes eye focus and it REALLY works – even over SnapBridge – when you choose the dynamic AF area AF setting.

This test started out as a means to get acquainted with using these new lights in an outdoor setting. They are battery powered so I am now more mobile and wanted to give outdoors some exercise.

Camera: Nikon Z7 w/ FTZ + Nikkor 70-200/2.8E
Release: Nikon SnapBridge on iPhone iOS 12
Lighting: FlashPoint AD400 Pro w/ 24" x 36" softbox
Process: Capture One Pro 12 edit / export to JPG

View attachment 1645207

ISO 100, f/2.8, 1/125s, 200mm, 3D Matrix Metering w/ -1.3 exp comp
Glad to see you are enjoying the new strobes Walter! I absolutely love that set up, it has worked flawlessly for me every time thus far. I find myself shooting wirelessly more and more and all 3 flashes never miss a beat even through SnapBridge. Nicely done my friend.

Real Name
Chris
Here’s a shot I did at Luna Pier, Michigan. I wanted to see what I could do with the natural light / shadows. I still get surprised how much you can pull up the shadows and maintain clean detail with the Z7.
DB04BECE-E205-473F-B1D7-0A802B579968.jpeg

Selling a bike (?) so I took some glamour photos.

Nikon Z6 + Olympus OM 50/1.4. Light edits in Lightroom (white balance + exposure).

DSC_0105.jpg
DSC_0112.jpg
DSC_0126.jpg

Real Name
Bill
Niece's wedding on Cape Cod.

Jack and Ari 1.jpg

Jack and Ari 2.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom