Nikon Z6 - Image & Discussion Thread

Real Name
Tim
Other than the monetary savings of waiting to buy one, you'll wish you bought it sooner. I absolutely love mine.
I have no doubt. Pending a venue shoot (post Labor day weekend) I'll be putting my D750 up for sale along with my D500. I barely use the D500 and I need to shed some gear to pay for what I just bought. :D Over labor day weekend we're attending a rodeo so we'll see how it does there as well with the 300PF and maybe the 200-500.

Real Name
Tim
Indeed.
What's next on the radar? :cautious:
Shooting! :)

IMG_4814.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

As soon as the battery charges. I left my main bag at home today since I was volunteering at a food bank. Z6 was delivered to work.

Real Name
Tim
Out and about this weekend, some idle time to edit a photo before heading out to the rodeo...(yes Z6 will be getting a workout there today)...edits are really just auto WB and auto everything else, being lazy but....uh yeah.

Full Image:

And crop:

This is with the kit lens....this thing is stupidly sharp....

Real Name
Tim
Just a note - I used my D850 and Z6 at the rodeo today - D850 had the 200-500 on the entire rodeo. The Z6 started with my Tamron 70-200 2.8 (1st generation) on the FTZ and autofocus worked flawlessly. I swapped out for the 300PF after a bit and a quick image review was all I needed. Wow.

Between the two I shot about 300 images on the 850, almost 800 on the Z6.

I have a venue shoot coming up but almost positive I’ve found my new “go to” body. :)

Real Name
Andrew
Just a note - I used my D850 and Z6 at the rodeo today - D850 had the 200-500 on the entire rodeo. The Z6 started with my Tamron 70-200 2.8 (1st generation) on the FTZ and autofocus worked flawlessly. I swapped out for the 300PF after a bit and a quick image review was all I needed. Wow.

Between the two I shot about 300 images on the 850, almost 800 on the Z6.

I have a venue shoot coming up but almost positive I’ve found my new “go to” body. :)
I'm glad your Tamron 70-200 worked OK on the Z6. My first gen was wholey unreliable and almost got me in hot water with a client. I had to upgrade to the G2.

Real Name
Tim
I'm glad your Tamron 70-200 worked OK on the Z6. My first gen was wholey unreliable and almost got me in hot water with a client. I had to upgrade to the G2.
Yeah and I’ve had this lens for a long time so it’s surprising...real test will be a performance shoot in low light tho. This was broad daylight...but it did work.

Summer still life

Those are gorgeous, Jim. How do you like the Z6?
Thanks, Walter. I like it a lot but I still haven't used it very much. As you can see from the above I'm scratching for subjects to try it on. We've had a very dry August and there is nothing blooming and no fungi popping out, and we've done no travel.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Thanks, Walter. I like it a lot but I still haven't used it very much. As you can see from the above I'm scratching for subjects to try it on. We've had a very dry August and there is nothing blooming and no fungi popping out, and we've done no travel.
It is a lull season right now here in Maryland as well. I am sure as the cooler weather comes you will find more autumn colors coming in. We already have poplar trees turning up here in Chesapeake region.

Fall is just around the corner. I bet your area is gorgeous in the fall. Looks like you are getting along well with the Z6. I'm so glad you like it. Your tomato shot looks good. The reds are rendered so well.

Fall is just around the corner. I bet your area is gorgeous in the fall. Looks like you are getting along well with the Z6. I'm so glad you like it. Your tomato shot looks good. The reds are rendered so well.
Thanks, Terri. The big red thing in the middle is a pepper. ;)

We have the potential for beautiful Fall foliage but it has been so dry (normal for you) I fear it will be very dull this year.

Thanks, Terri. The big red thing in the middle is a pepper. ;)

We have the potential for beautiful Fall foliage but it has been so dry (normal for you) I fear it will be very dull this year.
I did realize it was a pepper. In fact, I love red peppers. My grandson eats them like they are candy. We will probably have a very dull fall this year as well as we have been extremely hot and dry. We are lucky the fires haven't been bad this year.....knock on wood!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom