Nikon Z7's EH-7P charging AC adapter

This AC adapter comes with the Z7 (maybe not with the Z6)...
I misunderstood the purpose of this charger. I thought this works as the AC adapter for a long-time movie shooting. In reality, it seems like this is just an in-camera battery charger ( EN-EL15b battery only). --- Am I right? That is, when the camera is on, this does not do anything, just drawing power from the battery in the camera; it starts to recharge when the camera is off.
Nikon changed the wording of their explanation in the manual....
Is there any such thing as an AC adapter for the Z camera?

Last edited:

Thank you!
I forgot about this Power Connector that I read about in the manual...
So, we got two battery chargers with the Z7, one for in-camera and the one for out.

I believe short USB cable provided with Z7 (maybe also Z6) is for in-camera charging via power bank or third party USB charger, same output voltage of 5v as Nikon’s EH-7P.

Wondering is there a way to utilise this cable for direct file download to computer yet? At the moment it is XQD card reader.

Good to know.

Can you please explain what you do to achieve direct transfer? Do you need specific Nikon software or Mac/ PC can see camera as external memory, I run now ageing Mac BookPro, early 2011 vintage but with upgraded latest OS, also SSD Drive and RAM.

If you connect the Z7 and your computer (PC/Mac) via a USB (USB-C) cable provided, your computer will see the camera as an external drive, so you can copy the pictures to your computer. No software needed. But I found that using an external card reader is much faster.

If you connect the Z7 and your computer (PC/Mac) via a USB (USB-C) cable provided, your computer will see the camera as an external drive, so you can copy the pictures to your computer. No software needed. But I found that using an external card reader is much faster.
Sounds reassuring, I must have been doing something wrong so far.

First time I got Z7 I connected it to the Mac via provided USB cable, got nowhere until I purchased external XQD reader.

I will try the instruction via link provided by Nick, thanks. It seems I need to upload ViewNX-i first.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom