Nikon Zf?

Real Name
Andrew
Appears that the Zfc and 28mm kits have been suspended indefinitely. Going to check and see if I can switch my pre order to a body only and just pick up the lens at a later date.

Appears that the Zfc and 28mm kits have been suspended indefinitely. Going to check and see if I can switch my pre order to a body only and just pick up the lens at a later date.
It's what everyone wants. I would wait for it, the combo savings will be worth it.
Nikon Z fc camera and Nikkor Z 28mm f/2.8 lens delayed because of “large number of reservations beyond expectations”

Real Name
Andrew
It's what everyone wants. I would wait for it, the combo savings will be worth it.
Nikon Z fc camera and Nikkor Z 28mm f/2.8 lens delayed because of “large number of reservations beyond expectations”
Perhaps, but much like Veruca Salt, I want it now! LOL

The specs on the x100v are better anyway. I would give the zfc a couple more years to mature a bit.
I've always thought the x100v was a seductive piece of equipment that would be fun to carry and shoot. I've just never quite gotten around to getting one. OTOH, I've always been and interchangeable lens guy . . .

Possibly like the comments Nikon released prior the recently released 105mm macro lens. I haven't heard of anyone waiting to receive one.

I'm waiting for confirmation of Focus Bracketing before I purchase one. Yes, it has been noted in one pre-release video, although I don't believe it was tested, but there is no info regarding it on Nikon US, UK, and AU sites.

I've always thought the x100v was a seductive piece of equipment that would be fun to carry and shoot. I've just never quite gotten around to getting one. OTOH, I've always been and interchangeable lens guy . . .
It's a beautiful little cam, a poor man's Leica Q2 ... you will still need another system for birding/sports.

Possibly like the comments Nikon released prior the recently released 105mm macro lens. I haven't heard of anyone waiting to receive one.

I'm waiting for confirmation of Focus Bracketing before I purchase one. Yes, it has been noted in one pre-release video, although I don't believe it was tested, but there is no info regarding it on Nikon US, UK, and AU sites.
Zfc manual
Page 320

Real Name
Leif
And for some of us he does have an "entertaining" accent :D
His “Can you guess what it is yet” question was the catch phrase of Rolf Harris, an entertainer and fellow Australian who went to prison in the UK for indecent behaviour.

He says that Nikon sent him the two cameras, not sure if they are keepers or loaners, but this is more of a marketing piece than anything else. It’s interesting to see them in his hands and with lenses on, even if he gushes somewhat.

Lovely camera, but the lack of an affordable S grade 14-30mm zoom is a deal breaker for me, the existing lens is expensive.

His “Can you guess what it is yet” question was the catch phrase of Rolf Harris, an entertainer and fellow Australian who went to prison in the UK for indecent behaviour.

He says that Nikon sent him the two cameras, not sure if they are keepers or loaners, but this is more of a marketing piece than anything else. It’s interesting to see them in his hands and with lenses on, even if he gushes somewhat.

Lovely camera, but the lack of an affordable S grade 14-30mm zoom is a deal breaker for me, the existing lens is expensive.
I've used the 14-30 on the Z50 and it really performs very well. But I agree that if you want it for the DX line it is priced high plus it lacks VR which can be problematic.

Note that none of the Nikon DX Z lenses (including the 28SE, although FF, is being kitted with the FC) are S grade.

Real Name
Andrew
I was able to get a hold of my camera store guy today. They are going to let me know if they get anything Zfc related in. They ordered me a 28mm kit originally, but I told them if this fall through, I’d do the body only. So fingers crossed.
My 16-50 lens got delayed and instead of getting here Sunday, should be here tomorrow(wed).

Check out Adorama, BH, Amazon...etc. At my local shop, Ace Photo, they only have 105s for NPS members. I am on a waiting list for this and the 28.

In Australia, many reseller's are discounting the 105mm. The ones I've looked at for deals on the Z fc are showing the lens in stock. A couple are also selling them via their eBay stores with 20% off

Latest threads

Top Bottom