NikonCafe August 16 at San Francisco Zoo - Details & Map

K

Ken-L

Tuesday, August 16th, we will meet at 10:30 AM at the Zoo Main Entrance.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

fks

Re: NikonCafe Photo Shoot at San Francisco Zoo Details

hi ken-

i won't be able to make it because of work :( hope the weather's good on that day. maybe next time (as long as it's a weekend!).

ricky

Ken-L said:
Tuesday, August 15th, we will meet at 10:30 AM at the Zoo Main Entrance.

K

Ken-L

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: NikonCafe Photo Shoot at San Francisco Zoo Details

Next meet we have we'll have to set up for a weekend......

fks said:
hi ken- i won't be able to make it because of work :( hope the weather's good on that day. maybe next time (as long as it's a weekend!).
ricky

Ken-L said:
Tuesday, August 16th, we will meet at 10:30 AM at the Zoo Main Entrance.

fks

hi ken-

you might want to ask the moderators if they can spin off your thread on its own, similar to what they did for the east coast get-togethers, or else make it a sticky.

ricky

K

Ken-L

We'll just do what we can to keep this thread where people can see it.......

K

Ken-L

Greg said:
a long ways out there. wish I could make it. you'll enjoy !
You will be with us in spirit.....

K

Ken-L

virtuamike said:
I'd go if it weren't on a work day. Ah well, have fun.
Next time we'll make it a weekend shoot.

K

Ken-L

Uncle Frank said:
virtuamike said:
I'd go if it weren't on a work day....
Hey, Mike, didn't you ever hear of sick days? An occasional photoshoot is essential for good mental health :).
Think of it as an "extracurricular work project"..... 8)

K

Ken-L

DIRECTIONS AND PARKING

The San Francisco Zoo is located on Sloat Boulevard at the Great Highway (47th Avenue); next to the Pacific Ocean in San Francisco.

The Zoo's parking lot has two entrances, one off of the Great Highway for people driving from the East Bay and South Bay, and one off of Sloat Boulevard at 47th Avenue for those driving from the North Bay. There is only one exit from the parking lot - putting everyone northbound on the Great Highway. All-day parking costs $5. Exit tickets may be purchased at the Ticket counter at the main entrance prior to leaving the parking lot.

Free street parking is available for along Sloat Blvd. A pedestrian drop-off area is located on Sloat Blvd. and 47th Avenue with a grand walkway leading directly to the main entrance.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

FROM THE EAST BAY

Take the Bay Bridge to San Francisco.
After crossing the Bay Bridge, take 101 South.
Follow 101 South to the I-280 Interchange.
Take I-280 South to the Westlake District – John Daly Blvd. Exit
Make a right onto John Daly Boulevard and continue to Skyline Boulevard (Highway 35).
Turn right onto Skyline Boulevard (Highway 35).
At the Skyline/Great Highway junction, turn left onto the Great Highway.
Get into the right lane and take the right turn into the Zoo Entrance on the Great Highway.

FROM THE NORTH BAY

Take the Golden Gate Bridge.
After passing through the Toll Plaza, merge into farthest right lane to take 19th Avenue – Golden Gate Park Exit.
This puts you on Park Presidio Blvd. Get into the right lane and turn right on Fulton Avenue.
Take Fulton Avenue down to the ocean and turn left onto the Great Highway.
Continue south on the Great Highway. Turn left onto Sloat Blvd.
Get in the right hand lane immediately and turn right into the Zoo Entrance on Sloat Blvd. at 47th Avenue.

FROM THE SOUTH BAY

Take 280 North to the Westlake District exit in Daly City. Continue going north (Junipera Serra Boulevard) to John Daly Boulevard.
Turn left at John Daly Boulevard and continue to Skyline Boulevard (Highway 35).
Turn right onto Skyline Boulevard (Highway 35).
At the Skyline/Great Highway junction, turn left onto the Great Highway.
Get into the right lane and take the right turn into the Zoo Entrance on the Great Highway.

P

Phototaker

What a great place to go for a shoot! I sure wish I lived closer to California. If I did I would find a way to be there. Can't wait to see all the photos posted.

K

Ken-L

Phototaker said:
What a great place to go for a shoot! I sure wish I lived closer to California. If I did I would find a way to be there. Can't wait to see all the photos posted.
It is a great place to shoot.....

Ibn

Would really love to join you guys for this, even though it's on a weekday. Let's see if I can take it off...

K

Ken-L

Ibn said:
Would really love to join you guys for this, even though it's on a weekday. Let's see if I can take it off...
We would really love to see you there! I'll PM you with my cell #.

In case you haven't seen it, Ken's wife has just posted that he's been hospitalized, but no details. Since he's been the driving force behind the zoo shoot, I suggest we postpone it until he can join us.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom