nikoncafe Challenge #1 (RULES THREAD ONLY) no pic posting

Hi everybody and welcome to the Nikon Cafe Challenge #1

I will be your host for this event and I hope for a srtong participation from actual and new members of this new exciting site/discussion forum.

The goal of the Challenges will be to encourrage photographers of this site to engage into a photographic discipline with a given subject and given rules, sometimes out of your usual comfort zone. This is usually a good way of learning and getting better, kind of an assignment for a job.

The rules will be separated in two sections, the posting/participation rules and the voting rules.

In both cases they will need to be followed in order to not be disqualified from ther challenge

SUBJECT: SOMETHING MOVING
Please, try to be imaginative

IT COULD BE ANYTHING AS LONG AS IT IS IN PERCEPTIBLE MOVEMENT, ANYTHING GOES.

Duration of posting for the Challenge: from 0:01h EST on 29th of Jan 2005 until 23:59h EST 04 of feb 2005

Voting period will be from: 0:01h EST 05 of Feb to 23:59h EST 08 of feb 2005

Posting Rules:

1- The pictures submitted will have to be taken with a NIKON DSLR, (please, if you shoot a Canon DSLR, get the hell out of here) :twisted:
2- The pictures submitted will have to be taken during the period of the Challenge
3- The submitted pictures must be at a maximum of 800 pixels wide or High
4- A participant may submit a maximum of 3 pictures for the Challenge
5- To be eligible to the Challenge, all posters must also vote on other pictures submitted
6- There is no limitation of lenses of focal lenght
7- Black and White conversion and toning will be accepted
8- No montages or copy and pasted images will be allowed for this Challenge
9- Photoshop work will be allowed on the pictures with the exception of motion bluring and fake blur
10- A participant can replace a picture up until the last day of the Challenge duration

Voting Rules:

Voting period will be from: 0:01h EST 05 of Feb to 23:59h 08 of feb 2005

1- Each participant to this Challenge must vote to have her/his submission validated
2- People who did not participate by posting images can also vote as long as she/he is a member on nikoncafe.com
3- Every voters will have a total of 11 points usable for artistic value (always subjective) and will attribute the voting points to her/his favorite image.
4- Every voters will have a total of 11 points usable for Technical aspect (always subjective) and will attribute the voting points to her/his favorite image.
5- A voter cannot give more than 4 points for artistic value to a given image. 4 points is the max allowed to an image for artistic value
6- A voter cannot give more than 4 points for technical aspect to a given image. 4 points is the max allowed to an image for technical aspect

Example: I can give 3 pts for artistic and 2 points for tech asp for a total of 5 points. The max an image can reach is 8 pts per voters (4 + 4). If I give 4 pts for artistic and 4 points for tech asp, I still have 7 points usable for artistic and 7 points usable for tech asp ...

7- All voters will need to use all of their 11 points for Artistic Value and 11 points for Technical Aspect before the end of the voting period.
8- A voter can vote for 22 images and give 1 point only for artistic value and technical aspect. As long as she/he doesn't go over 11 points in each category.
9- After expiration of the voting period, the Host of the Challenge will cumulate the points for the pictures. The picture that receives the highest score (Artistic Value + Technical Aspects added together) will win the challenge and will be the host of the next Challenge. In case of a tie even between two or more pictures, the picture that will receive the most points for Artistic Value will win (among the tied pictures), if there is still a tie, the picture having received the most votes will win. If there is still a freken tie, we are FUCKED .... :lol:
10- Honnorable mention will be given to the picture with the highest score for Artistic Value and the same for Technical Aspect.
11- A VOTER CANNOT VOTE FOR IT'S OWN IMAGE PLEASE ... :lol: DON'T LAUGH, I HAVE SEEN THAT BEFORE.

Hope this is FUN and CLEAR for everyone

I will invite you to adress any question regarding the challenge ASAP so I can clarify and edit the rules before the Challenge Starts

Thx for your participation and remember,

YOU DO NOT NEED TO POST AN IMAGE TO BE A VOTER AS LOMG AS YOU ARE A MEMBER OF NIKONCAFE

PLEASE, DO NOT MAKE COMMENTS ON THE SUBMITTED IMAGES EVEN IF YOU LOVE IT TO AVOID CONFUSION AND MAKE IT EASIER TO VOTE. yOU WILL BE ABLE TO GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS TO THE PICTURES AT THE MOMENT OF THE VOTING PERIOD, THX ...

I have to agree David....

He has a very :twisted: look in his eye to me. :lol:

Frank

Correction

OK Boobie this is picky but the rules state that the image "can not be over 800 pivels wide or high" just for the record, what is a pivel??? :D

Gordon

Latest threads

Top Bottom