NikonCafe.com Support Request

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PGB, Nov 30, 2005.

1. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    We are approaching the Cafe's 1 year Anniversary. The Cafe has grown to be such a fine place where friends and family can get together to share their hobby, profession, passion, happiness and sadness. We have come a long way on the cafe since the First Post.

With over 1300 members we have been through 3 major upgrades since the original cafe. All of which eventually worked themselves out and we are running really well.

With all of these software licenses, servers, bandwidth, etc our operating costs have increased as well. Currently the Cafe's annual expenses are $2,400.00. It is with some hesitation that Frank and myself are now asking for donations to help fund this community we call the NikonCafe.

To keep with the Mission of the cafe, we do not allow banner ads, pop ups, or commercial advertisments like other photography based websites. Our only means of income is the sale of hats and other NikonCafe branded gear on our cafepress website.

We want to be clear that there is absolutly no obligation to donate for the upkeep of the cafe. There will be no tally of people that have donated and it will remain anonymous. If you like the exchange of information and the comraderie that we have here and would like to donate a few dollars you may do so via paypal by sending payment to paypal@nikoncafe.com . Or you may mail payment to:

NikonCafe.com
    P.O. Box 11367
    Huntsville, Alabama 35814

Again, there is no obligation for this. The Cafe will continue to grow, prosper and evolve.

On behalf of "Flew" (Frank Wilson), the moderator staff, and myself we want to thank each and everyone of you for your continued support of the Cafe, for your caring of your fellow members and the passion of your photography. It is you the membership that make the NikonCafe the fastest growing and most friendly photography based web forum on the net.

Thank you,

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Patrick I want to tank you and Frank , through the Café I have learned so much , meet some many good friends and acquaintances, I will be more that glad to contribute to the Café. Again thanks and I feel honored to be part of this wonderful community

3. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

4. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Mike and Paul,

Thank you both for your support of the Cafe.

Regards,

5. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Paul, thanks for the donation link, can't get any easier than that. Patrick I've gotten a lot out of this forum and love the idea of being able to help.

Speaking of which, I've been meaning to get one of those hats but don't see them listed on the cafepress page?

6. PayPal payment has been sent. I have to echo everyone's comments and thanks for managing a great web forum.

7. Donation sent! Thanks for everything.

8. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Ah, thats becuase they are not on the cafepress site.

I ship those from my office as CafePress could not accomodate the hats that we wanted. I'm in the process of working on a PHP form for the ordering of hats. In the meantime people are PM'ing me or email me requesting hats.

Hats are $20.00 plus 7.50 shipping. If anyone would like a hat just let me know. I try to get them out the day they are requested. You may send payment after your recieve them.

Regards,

9. I greatly enjoy the Cafe Patrick. I have bought some stuff (mug, a few shirts) earlier this year and have just made a small donation.
    Thanks for what you guys do!!

10. equetefue

equetefue

Sep 29, 2005
    Kissimmee, FL
    Donation Sent ! Keep up the good work guys. Really enjoy the site and have learn a bunch.

11. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks so much Patrick and Frank

I love the cafe and hope you get enough support to keep it going. Come on everyone. It will only take a small contribution from each member to pay for its costs.

12. Donation sent as well. I'd send more, but I have an engagement coming up and diamond rings aren't so cheap. It almost pains me to think about all of the pro-caliber lenses and bodies I could get instead. Just kidding of course, she's worth it!

On a serious note, I would like to send my thanks to all the members here, and especially to those that run and maintain the website. The tips, wisdom and differing perspectives have been an eye opener and extremely helpful to my growing hobby.

Regards,
    Eugene

13. Thanks to Patrick and Frank, You Guys............

Thanks so much for creating the Cafe and all the positive guidance and leadership you have demonstrated in nurturing and growing this world-wide forum for exchange of ideas in photography. I wish you continued success in all your endeavors, and have a great holiday season. I just sent a small Paypal payment, and I'm sure you'll get many more as the word gets out.

Thanks again,

14. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Many accolades have already been posted in this thread and more will assuredly follow mine. I have been a member since May and I can say with sincerity, I would absolutely not enjoy my photography as much as I do if I would have not joined this fine community. I have learned so much in the few short months since joining and the information that this site brings is priceless. I have made great friends with many in the community and spent alot of time (we are like family) with Papa Tony who has become my mentor. I have had others in the community offer their help and expertise so I can better myself in the area of sports photography (thanks Craig Cappy, Mike Mac, Dbirdsong and Tomeriffic). Patrick, your unselfish commitment to all of us is unbelievably humbling...we are better because of all that you do for us.
    I could go on and on but I would hate to get "sappy"...
    Donation Sent!

15. Rob

Rob

Jul 28, 2005
    Truro, Cornwall, UK
    Good one Patrick, I've really enjoyed trying the patience of our Cuzzins during the past months. Thanks for a great site, and the great folks it attracts.

Mwah mwah, group hug..........now boys, don't get too cosy!!!!:redface:

16. Thanks Patrick and Flew for the great job you have done in getting this site up and running. I'm glad to have this opportunity to contribute to the upkeep of this fine site.

17. cmpalmer

cmpalmer

Jan 27, 2005
    Huntsville, AL
    My donation has been sent via PayPal. Thanks!

18. Finally! Geez, about time you guys let us all help some. It took you guys a bit to figure that one out...:Smart: :Smart:

Sent my donation in via paypal. Thanks for the great troll free site. Remember, I'm the only troll allowed.

19. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    What? Did we finally ban Dewey? :wink:

20. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;