1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

NikonCafe induced lens Lust disease strikes again

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TerribleTwins, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Sigma 150 F2.8 macro (aka the Bugzilla) now on order.....expected tomorrow...and its all your fault Cafe members:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

2. You will NOT be sorrrrrrryyyyyyy......

3. Between the Lens Lust and For Sale forums, I got hit with an 85 f/1.8 about 2 weeks ago.

4. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

I've got a 150mm - and I caught the lens lust disease right here in the Cafe.

I also hate to tell you this - there is no cure for lens lust...:eek: 

Enjoy and post some photos when you get it!

5. Enjoy it David, very very nice lens...

6. BiG Chris

BiG Chris

Mar 18, 2008
    San francisco
    i too have the disease

7. no sympathy here...

I was overcome by the [need] for the 85 f1.4 and finally succumbed...

Even though it costs money ;_; to look in here I really enjoy looking at the photography everyone submits. It pushes all of us to do our best work and stay hooked up enjoying the craft. And that is a good thing...

A couple with the Sigma 150 macro...

[​IMG]

365447388_qSTb5-X3.

8. Cafe induced lens lust is a terrible, terrible disease for which I believe there is no cure! :)  I have caught it myself and now am trying to figure out how to get an 85mm 1.4 (but I think I will have to settle for the 50mm 1.4 since the price of diesel fuel is KILLING my lens budget).

9. primoz

primoz

Aug 25, 2008
    Willoughby, Oh
    I've got it bad too ... there should be a disclaimer or something :biggrin:

and there is a cure, but "treatment" involves lots and lots of cash ... relapse, of course, is most likely always a looming possibility ...

10. Its here....

Just got in & its already here... only ordered it yesterday...from TristateCamera in NYC...$543 & they sent it next day only..16$ of which 10 was insurance!!!

Can't play with the lens until sunday:frown: Going out this evening & then taking the family to the Millville airshow in NJ...there's a Spitfire on the bill:biggrin::biggrin:..so time for the 70-200 & TC..along with the 17-35.

will try post pictures later.

11. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Good luck with it David, it's a great lens (I've used one)

Enjoy that airshow, I guess it's pretty unusual to see a Spitfire in the USA

12. Robert,
    Haven't seen one in a while...growing up in Blackpool (well St. Annes) I used to see them quite regularly at the airshows. Last one I saw was actually at the 60th VE day celebration in Balckpool in 2005 - one of the few times I've been back since coming to the USA 8 years ago. My boys haven't seen one yet.

We did catch a Hurricane last year at a WW2 re-enactment weekend in Reading Pennsylvania.

[​IMG]

the rest of the images are here

http://TerribleTwins.zenfolio.com/p435532968

13. Help- New Lens not behaving?

Okay - just got the Sigma out of the box & started to play with it. Couple of things are begining to puzzle me.

1) no AF / MF switch!! instruction booklet shows it, sigmas website shows it - but I can't find it!!

2) Rose taken in my back garden

[​IMG]

Looks pretty...but the F stop was 7.1....this doesn't look like 7.1 to me...more like 2.8!...or am I missing something.

3) In Aperture Priority mode...the f stop will vary from 2.8 up to 4 when i move the camera from one subject to another!! & I have a hard time trying to get the aperture down to 2.8!

Thoughts anyone.

Thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.