Nikoncafe Picnic - Day 1 pics

Discussion in 'Annual Alabama Sessions' started by Flew, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    We had a great bunch of folks at the inaugural Cafe picnic here in Huntsville. The crowd was small but enthusiastic. I sure wish that more of you could have been here. We had a wonderful time. A big THANK YOU!!!! to Leigh Bramlett for all of her hard work in putting this event together, and just a little bit smaller thanks to Patrick as well for helping Leigh out, and watching the kids from time to time (j/k Patrick :lol:).

We spent the first half of the day at the Huntsville Botanical Gardens, and then went over to the local duck pond for the afternoon. I spent most of my time at the gardens in the butterfly house. Here are some shots from both locales. The garden shots were taken with the D2H / 70-200VR, and the pond shots taken with the D2H / 300 2.8 + 1.4 TC.

Butterfly:
    [​IMG]

Another:
    [​IMG]

Honker:
    [​IMG]

Quacker:
    [​IMG]

More Day 1 shots can be seen here:
    http://flew.smugmug.com/gallery/664741/1/28649108

I went over to the Guntersville dam with Greg Giesing, Chris Knight, and Joe Martin this morning, and we got some pretty good shots. I'll post some of those when I get them processed.

2. These are great and the first one is extraordinary.
    Sure wish I could have joined in the fun but it is a tad of a trek from here. Give my best to those there.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great stuff Frank.

Say who has been eatin you butterfly :>))) lolol

What no lunch for the bunch.

I sure am jealous :<((((

Cry Cry Cry......

Hi Janie

4. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Very beautiful pictures Frank!

I can't believe the details you can make out in these, especially in the butterflies.

Thanks for the invite to the duck pond after the garden and for taking me to the dam Sunday morning. Both were great fun and got me some decent images, I'm sure. I can't believe we were able to get so close at the dam, I can't wait to process those images.

I look forward to seeing your photos of your friend's disc golf form. Those guys really put some "umph" into their throws. Definately makes you keep your eyes open while walking around the pond!

Joe

5. Good shots Frank!! :D :D :D

We sure did have a good time. Looking forward to the next one!! :D :D :D

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Crap, now I gotta go back and try it again. Excellent shots Frank. Love those eyes.

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Well Frank,
    Maybe I could try the 70-200 at the zoo here in the butterfly garden. Gotta think of something to do with it.

Right now I am not very pleased I got that lens.

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Gale,

If you don't like the 70-200VR then maybe they will take it back, or at the least trade it for something else. Maybe the 300 f4? Harris, HarryB, and Kevin sure get some wonderful shots with that lens.