Nikonians i-TTL workshop highly recommended!

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by Transmit, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Just took the Nikonians i-TTL flash workshop recently and wanted to give it a plug (I don't work for them). This was a GREAT class and I learned A LOT of valuable info on the Nikon flash system. This workshop covers the use of the SB600 /SB800 and Nikon Creative Lighting system. I'm an intermediate level photographer and walked away with a lot of valuable info (will be buying a second SB800 soon!). The workshop covers everything about i-TTL but what I found most useful was the CLS and multiple wireless flash photography, particulary in the context of a highly portable lighting studio (2 SB800s, umbrelles and stands = professional lighting studio in a backpack). The cost of the workshop is approx. $95 and workshops are being taught in N. America and Europe. It's geared toward D70 users but anyone with an i-TTL capable Nikon will benefit from this.

More info:
    http://www.nikonians.org/html/workshops/D70/d70_content.html

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the information, Paul. I will keep my eye on the Nikonians site to see if they offer a class in or near the Chicago area. I appreciate the heads-up on the class.

3. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Guest

I'm like Frank and live in Chicago. I looked at their seminar list and everything they have is on both coasts. Nothing even near the Midwest. It's a shame as I would be interested in taking a class like that. The SB800 manual is little more than an ad for the flash.

4. How about Toronto? That's not all that far from Chicago, at least by plane.

5. JB

JB

May 27, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately the one in DC is already sold out. :( I guess I'll just need to keep reading the manual.

6. I would like to take this course, just wish they would stop by Las Vegas.

7. These classes sell out pretty quickly, I guess they are pretty good. Does anyone know anything about stuff like this in the Texas area? Particularly regarding the CLS flash system?