Nikon's extended lens warranty

The warranty paperwork that comes with new Nikkor lenses states that the original purchaser has a ONE year warranty unless the lens is registered. If the lens is registered within 10 days of purchase the warranty it extended to 5 years.

Is it true that the lens must be registered to get the extended coverage??

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

You don't need to do anything, according to Nikon US Service Dept. The proof they'll need is your receipt so don't lose that.

Yes, Jimmy, I should have included that for the Cdn members as well. Nikon Canada has been known to fix glitches out of warranty as long as you can prove it's a Cdn version (receipt).

Thanks for the replies. I realized last night that I had never sent any of the registration cards in for *any* of my lenses!:redface:

I sent all of mine - they just got lost in the mail. :biggrin:

Every once in a while, I'll go to the NikonUSA site where you can register items on-line.

J

JennJenn

So what happens if you buy something from someone else (not a store)?

I have a 50mm that I bought off of ebay.

J

JennJenn

Guess I will hold off on purchasing a more expensive lens from someone else and just get it at a store then!

This is allways a trade off. Often on a site such as this the person is the first owner of the lens and is able to do any needed warrantie work in their name. With the old MF lens there was little to wory about but with the auto focus and VR lens of today there is a lot more moving parts in there to go wrong. The same is true of used bodies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest threads

Top Bottom