Nikor vs. Tamron

Hello everyone, I've not been here for quite a while, love checking out the stunning work. A question for the Nikon nation, this weekend I went to the drag races with my D7100 and using a Tamron 18-270 F/3.5 6.3. This is a very versatile lens I've used for a long time for that reason. Buried in my bag was a Nikor 70-300 1.4-5.6 G that came with my D-70. For some reason I pulled that one out and tried it as I was not very pleased with the results offered by the tamron. All I can say is WOW!!!! What a difference, so much brighter, and sharper detail (these cars were doing in well over 300 mph during the pan) This may be a hello capt. obvious but you folks here are and have been a great help in the past. I used the same settings and such is it just the superior lens??? It was a weekend event, I used the tamron Sat and Nikon lens Sunday. When I started seeing the difference, it put me in such a great mood for the rest of the day. Thanks for any advice you may be able to lend. I will attach one of my favorite ones from the event...Best wishes to everybody here.... This shot blew me away, the white exhaust is 2 cylinders not firing and the tires are loosing traction hense the smoke...

Sunday 13June eliminations (214).JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Oh, I kinda get it, thanks.....

But for a travel lens the 18-270 is great. You don't have to carry and switch to another lens.
So it has a purpose.

Back when I started photography, an 18-270 was so outrageous and SiFi that we could not even dream of a lens like that. So technology made the impossible possible.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom