NJ State Lax Finals

Some from the weekend. I shot most of the girls games with a 600/4 on a D2Xs and a 300/2.8 on a D2X plus some with the 600/4 on a D2Hs. The boys game I shot mostly with the 600/4 on the D2Hs and once in a while I picked up the X with a 300 on it. No post production. Just a tiny bit of cropping on a few and resizing.

For next fall, I think I am going to have to pick up a 600/4. I just loved shooting that lens. My post production was greatly reduced as I was able to crop more in the frame. The only question left is will I be buying a Nikon 600 or a Canon 600 in the fall. That will be a business decision at that time not an emotional decision.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Sweet shots Alex, your style of shooting is like a lesson in quality sports action photography for us. I like this series in every way.

Great job as usual Alex! But what's with the thumbnail size pics? C'mon man, show your stuff!! :wink:

The only question left is will I be buying a Nikon 600 or a Canon 600 in the fall. That will be a business decision at that time not an emotional decision.
You're definitely not alone there my friend...There's lots of us who may be sporting the big white "L's" if Nikon doesn't get their act together.

very nice! I would love to try a 300f2.8, I may rent one next season....do you not use your 400 that often?
The 400/2.8 is my primary lens and it is what is on my camera 90% of the time when shooting outdoor sports. I also usually keep a 200/2 on another body. Now I am thinking the 300/2.8 and 600/4 combo would be better in well lit situations.

Great job as usual Alex! But what's with the thumbnail size pics? C'mon man, show your stuff!! :wink: .
Just lazy. I did not want to have to post one size for my blog and another for my Pbase account to link here. I'll post a couple a bit larger.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom