1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

No alfresco

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Too cool, too windy, too late ...

[​IMG]

2. TechPan

TechPan

Oct 5, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Ok...I really like this one....

Thanks for sharing.

3. No problem and glad you liked it.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Wow, aren't the shadow of film wondrous?

5. You got it Chris. The whole dynamic range of film is wondrous.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    There is a restaurant in San Diego, one of my favorites, the Prado, that has chairs exactly like that. I always dine al fresco there! I get margarita ceviche with a pesce sour every time I go there. Sory for the hijack Ray. I'm hungry, and it's your picture's fault!

7. i'm having Peets dark french roast, so my appetite is a bit stunted right now.
    i like this photo, seems to cover the tonal range real good, and with what in my eye is a good balance within that range...

8. I really like this photograph. What film and camera did you use?

9. Very nice! I love the composition and the shades of gray!

10. There is no such thing a thread hijack when it comes to discussing good food.:wink:

11. Thanks again, Rodney. Actually, I just finished a cup of mellow organic Bolivian fair trade coffee. As a matter of fact, I think I'll have another and it won't kill my appetite! :biggrin:

12. Thanks for looking. On this one I used my N80 and Kodak B&W 400 shot at 400.

13. Alex, kind of you to look and comment. It's much appreciated.

14. matthew.paul

matthew.paul Guest

Wow Ray! This is fantastic! I love how it draws you in and isolates the subject.

15. Ray,

You have been putting the 'tunnel' effect to good use lately. First The Long Walk Home and now with the arches in this photo. I would have liked to seen just a tad more shadow detail. Very nice range of tones, especially like the tones on the arches, light to dark. Nice work.

Is this Kodak chromogenic B&W? CN?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  16. Very nice. You make me want to take a walk with my 200 and the F100.

17. Beautiful photograph Ray............ one of your best on this forum my friend!

G

18. Love this shot Ray!

19. Thanks again, Graeme. One of these days I'll have to get out your way. My cousins live in Grimsby.

Hey, Matthew, glad to hear from you again. Have fun on your trip!

Thanks for the comments. Yes, it's Kodak B+W 400 CN. As for the tones, well I wanted the shadows toned down. There's plenty of detail there on my calibrated monitor. Hey, maybe I'm developing tunnel vision!

Do it Ed. I'm not much of a tele kinda guy but it's been a different way of looking for me lately!

Thanks. Man, I'm really getting tempted to get a rangefinder!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  20. Good shot, Ray!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.