No alfresco

Too cool, too windy, too late ...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
There is a restaurant in San Diego, one of my favorites, the Prado, that has chairs exactly like that. I always dine al fresco there! I get margarita ceviche with a pesce sour every time I go there. Sory for the hijack Ray. I'm hungry, and it's your picture's fault!

i'm having Peets dark french roast, so my appetite is a bit stunted right now.
i like this photo, seems to cover the tonal range real good, and with what in my eye is a good balance within that range...

There is a restaurant in San Diego, one of my favorites, the Prado, that has chairs exactly like that. I always dine al fresco there! I get margarita ceviche with a pesce sour every time I go there. Sory for the hijack Ray. I'm hungry, and it's your picture's fault!
There is no such thing a thread hijack when it comes to discussing good food.:wink:

i'm having Peets dark french roast, so my appetite is a bit stunted right now.
i like this photo, seems to cover the tonal range real good, and with what in my eye is a good balance within that range...
Thanks again, Rodney. Actually, I just finished a cup of mellow organic Bolivian fair trade coffee. As a matter of fact, I think I'll have another and it won't kill my appetite! :biggrin:

M

matthew.paul

Wow Ray! This is fantastic! I love how it draws you in and isolates the subject.

Ray,

You have been putting the 'tunnel' effect to good use lately. First The Long Walk Home and now with the arches in this photo. I would have liked to seen just a tad more shadow detail. Very nice range of tones, especially like the tones on the arches, light to dark. Nice work.

Is this Kodak chromogenic B&W? CN?

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful photograph Ray............ one of your best on this forum my friend!

G

Thanks again, Graeme. One of these days I'll have to get out your way. My cousins live in Grimsby.

Wow Ray! This is fantastic! I love how it draws you in and isolates the subject.
Hey, Matthew, glad to hear from you again. Have fun on your trip!

Ray,

You have been putting the 'tunnel' effect to good use lately. First The Long Walk Home and now with the arches in this photo. I would have liked to seen just a tad more shadow detail. Very nice range of tones, especially like the tones on the arches, light to dark. Nice work.

Is this Kodak chromogenic B&W? CN?
Thanks for the comments. Yes, it's Kodak B+W 400 CN. As for the tones, well I wanted the shadows toned down. There's plenty of detail there on my calibrated monitor. Hey, maybe I'm developing tunnel vision!

Very nice. You make me want to take a walk with my 200 and the F100.
Do it Ed. I'm not much of a tele kinda guy but it's been a different way of looking for me lately!

Love this shot Ray!
Thanks. Man, I'm really getting tempted to get a rangefinder!

Last edited by a moderator:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom