No Bikes @ Wal Mart

I avoid walmart like I do toys from china with lead paint.......

amazing how big they are and how many folks go there. I'd rather go to Target or some other place.

I haven't set foot in WalMart in over 2 years. When I first swore off of shopping there, it was a strange thing. Shopping became a joy again! I half wondered if I wouldn't spend more money by shopping at Target and Publix and not at WM. But to my surprise, my shopping totals never were that much, if any, more than before.

Maybe I am not manager material but wouldn't a smart manager have said that she would request a bike rack from the corporation and this time you can lock your bike in the office. Thank You for shopping with us...

I understand not wanting the bike in the store but find another way to accommodate the customer. This should have been easy...

Now was anyone there to take photographs??? Oh yeah, they do not allow photography in the store.
Pete

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Chris
... accommodate the customer. ...

Large corporations are not in the business of accommodating customers. They want all their customers to be exactly the same, so that they can minimize costs. Any patrons that stand out need to be pounded flat.

One part of the story I was surprised with is that the store had a female manager. For Walmart, that's a first, isn't it?

I like wal-mart. I guess I am the minority here. I like Target too. While in college Wal-Mart was the greatest place ever outside of the bar. Where else can you at 3 AM go and buy supplies like tin foil, felt, latex paint and a bean bag to prank a neighbor.

I feel that Wal-Mart often gets unfairly attacked as they are an easy target. I have been in some small mom & pop stores where I have been treated just as rudely.

I like wal-mart. I guess I am the minority here. I like Target too. While in college Wal-Mart was the greatest place ever outside of the bar. Where else can you at 3 AM go and buy supplies like tin foil, felt, latex paint and a bean bag to prank a neighbor.

I feel that Wal-Mart often gets unfairly attacked as they are an easy target. I have been in some small mom & pop stores where I have been treated just as rudely.

'" buy supplies like tin foil, felt, latex paint and a bean bag to prank a neighbor.''AAAhh yes all mad In China.
People thought I had jumped the rail, when back in the late 80s and early 90s I ranted about foreign products in wally world. Now we reap a bitter harvest. Watch the front line 2 night series on wally world. Not that there is a lot of difference, but i go to tarjett the employees are a cut above, at least arond here they are and very helpful.

Wish I had that kind of presence of mind. Walmarts are among my most least favorite places to shop, and I rarely do.

Chris...so far as the female manager is concerned, it is probably because they feel they can pay her less.

Poorly handled by the manager of the store (but we're only getting one side of the story). But couldn't the biker just lock up her bike on something, anything?

We're not Wal-Mart customers (can't remember the last time I was in one) because we don't like the shopping experience there. But we're lucky that we have the luxury of choosing not to shop at Wal-Mart. For many folks, it's either the only choice for certain goods, or they have to shop there for economic reasons. Because WM is so big, it's an easy (and very tempting) target.

R

Rick Waldroup

You know, I am absolutely no fan of Wal Mart in any way, shape, or form, but c'mon....when is the last time any of you tried to take your bike into a store?

This situation could have have been handled better by store management, but perhaps there would have been no need for a confrontation if the bike rider had acted like a normal adult, and not pitched such a hissy fit.

Good grief, I never thought I would ever defend Wal Mart.....

You know, I am absolutely no fan of Wal Mart in any way, shape, or form, but c'mon....when is the last time any of you tried to take your bike into a store?

This situation could have have been handled better by store management, but perhaps there would have been no need for a confrontation if the bike rider had acted like a normal adult, and not pitched such a hissy fit.

Good grief, I never thought I would ever defend Wal Mart.....

OMG-you're becoming one of "them" people :eek:

Real Name
Kristin Rutkowski
Funny story!

I guess the biker could have locked the bike up to a light pole, but it really shouldn't be a bid deal to bring it in to the store. She has a point - how is it more dangerous than carts? I've taken my bike into stores before with no problem. And the manager didn't have any real concrete reasons why she couldn't bring it in - she just kept changing the story of why.

And the part "you should have driven" really would get my goat. is walmart encouraging global warming?

and confrontations can be good. sometimes they're what's needed to bring about change. if no one confronted wrongs, we would all just be sheep. (plus, this is a very entertaining confrontation!)

Kristin

Latest threads

Top Bottom