No card help.

Hello, I turn on my D90 to check settings and such before I use it. Always do this before I shoot. See the green light flashing and the error this card cannot be used. The card is a Sandisk Ultra 16GB 15mb/s. Put in another of the same card and it will not see it. Put in 4GB version of the same card and it is OK. Try a couple of Transcend cards and all OK. The card can be read on the computer. I format one on the computer and it is seen in the camera. Reformat the card in camera and it is fine now. Put the other 16GB card in the camera now and it is seen by the camera. Reformat on the second card in camera and it is fine. Testing the camera out with different card and all is fine. Any ideas? Was it the camera or the cards? Thanks

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I expect the problem was simply that you had formatted the card in the computer. Always format cards in the camera and never in the computer, that eliminates any uncertainty about the settings needed. (For example older readers can't read SDHC cards.)

I expect the problem was simply that you had formatted the card in the computer. Always format cards in the camera and never in the computer, that eliminates any uncertainty about the settings needed. (For example older readers can't read SDHC cards.)

Thanks but I did not format the card in the computer until later. Always format in the camera. When it didn't work in the camera I then went to the computer and it worked. Then I did a format in the computer then the camera and everything was fine again. Must be Gremlins! Thanks for answering.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom