1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

No crop La Jolla Pelicans

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Jul 11, 2008.

1. I'm still working my way through our April vacation shots. We spent a day in La Jolla shooting Pelicans, eating too much, and spending WAY too much money in the Peter Lik gallery :wink:

All shot with D300, 400mm f2.8 AFS-1 plus 1.7TC

The first four were shot from a platform next to a big rock pile where the Pelicans roost after the early morning fly in.

Just a Headshot
    [​IMG]

The Shy Pelican
    [​IMG]

Thinking about landing?
    [​IMG]

Nope, just "flyin' by"
    [​IMG]

The last two are late in the day, as the Pelicans fly off the rocks where they roost during the day. We are facing ENE as they fly out to the West.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a great place to watch the Pelicans.

2. Great series there Bill. I hope to get to see a few real soon. I will just have to keep Janice out of the shops!!! Well I know that won't happen. At least we don't have any free wall space.

3. Sweet light throughout. Very nice series.

4. Thanks, I'm glad somebody other than me liked them :wink:

Jim, I'm sure you will find some "just like these" this week, maybe even the same ones :biggrin:

5. Very nice set Bill. Indeed you did have to special light, really like the first flight shot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.