No D2x Yet?

Are you on a waiting list? Do you spend lots of time reading and re-reading D2x reviews and study the D2x manual incessently? Do you make D2x desktop wallpaper out of the D2x pictures from DPreview? Do you build 3D D2x models in your computer? Are you on a first name basis with all your local camera stores managers as well as online retailers?

Do you do everything you can to stave off the twitching in your hands from the lack of a D2x to soothe them?

In any case, if you have plunked down your cash and are/or on a waiting list still waiting please let me know what you have heard from all the stores and retailers you have called so we can find out who is hoarding them and why they don't seem to want to appear.

Todd,

It will be OK, I promise.... :lol: :lol:

Actually, I know just how you feel. About a year ago, I was just dying for my D70 to get here. Seemed like the days just crawled by.... :?

Try cold showers. :roll:

Frank

So Frank.......what your saying is you are taking cold showers to avoid getting the X????? X........sounds like a lustful disease spreading throughout the cafe!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What bothers me is my credit card company likes me so much, they upped my cred level and I COULD get an XXXXXXXXXX.

But I won't. :<(((((((

Cheers
Gale

Not so bad really. I've started calling B&H every morning at opening time. The first time I did that the guy gave a little laugh and said, "Well, here we go, its already started." I asked him if they get a lot of calls for the D2X everyday and he said oh yeah. I still check the web site every hour or so just in case. Phone routine: Phone ready, check, clock check for approaching 9:00 AM, check, credit card ready, check, Wish List called up, check ($1K extra items to order), 1-800 B&H number at top of screen, check, mute TV at 8:59, check, 9:00 AM, check, dial 1-800 number, check, go through the 2 stage number selection process (6/4 I believe), check, talk to B&H rep, check, no D2Xs yet, check, reverse ready process, check, hangup, go to another website, unmute TV, card back in wallet, phone back to kitchen, nap, check.

Gee Larry, you sound about as bad off as Todd.... 8)

Have you tried Roberts Imaging?

Frank

Flew said:
Gee Larry, you sound about as bad off as Todd.... 8)

Have you tried Roberts Imaging?

Frank

I don'ttttttt have the shakesssssss as bad as Toddddddddd...

I'm not checking other places and willllll waitttt forrrrrr B&HHHHHH.

FWIW,
I was one of the fortunate few who acquired a D2x from B&H during the 30 minute buying frenzy. Your process appears to be good; however, I would suggest the following (it worked for me):

I sit in front of my computer for most of the day (dual monitors help too).

I check Nikonians and DPReview and the Cafe frequently (more than once an hour)

I also have the B&H D2x page bookmarked.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...mp;A=details&Q=&sku=365646&is=REG

I watch the B&H website like a hawk. B&H's website has live inventory status. This means that when they enter the inventory into stock, the website will allow orders.

So, when I saw that the "Add to Cart" button was enabled on the B&H site, I clicked on it and bought it. I ordered Next Day Air Delivery, which somehow prioritizes your order. This is true particularly if the item is ordered late in the business day. Regular shipping options will not trigger expedited order handling.

Also, by setting up an account with B&H online beforehand if you haven't already saves a lot of ordering time. It is more efficient and faster to order online than it is to call. From start to finish, it took me maybe 30 seconds to get it ordered online. You will receive an order confirmation almost immediately via email. The autofill function in the google tool bar saves time as well.

I then followed up with a phone call to confirm that there weren't any issues with my credit card, etc.

A couple other notes:

The B&H email notification that an item is in stock did not work in this case. Do NOT rely on this system to alert you to the D2x being in stock. B&H does not maintain a waiting list. Therefore, you need to watch the site and the forums.

This is what worked for me in getting a D2x. My guess is it will be several months at minimum before inventory can be maintained by many of the large camera dealers.

bravocharlie said:
FWIW,
I was one of the fortunate few who acquired a D2x from B&H during the 30 minute buying frenzy. Your process appears to be good; however, I would suggest the following (it worked for me):

I sit in front of my computer for most of the day (dual monitors help too).

I check Nikonians and DPReview and the Cafe frequently (more than once an hour)

I also have the B&H D2x page bookmarked.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...mp;A=details&Q=&sku=365646&is=REG

I watch the B&H website like a hawk. B&H's website has live inventory status. This means that when they enter the inventory into stock, the website will allow orders.

So, when I saw that the "Add to Cart" button was enabled on the B&H site, I clicked on it and bought it. I ordered Next Day Air Delivery, which somehow prioritizes your order. This is true particularly if the item is ordered late in the business day. Regular shipping options will not trigger expedited order handling.

Also, by setting up an account with B&H online beforehand if you haven't already saves a lot of ordering time. It is more efficient and faster to order online than it is to call. From start to finish, it took me maybe 30 seconds to get it ordered online. You will receive an order confirmation almost immediately via email. The autofill function in the google tool bar saves time as well.

I then followed up with a phone call to confirm that there weren't any issues with my credit card, etc.

A couple other notes:

The B&H email notification that an item is in stock did not work in this case. Do NOT rely on this system to alert you to the D2x being in stock. B&H does not maintain a waiting list. Therefore, you need to watch the site and the forums.

This is what worked for me in getting a D2x. My guess is it will be several months at minimum before inventory can be maintained by many of the large camera dealers.

Your system is spot on! I check the computer everytime I go by it and have the B&H page on hand. I started checking DPR frequently for an alert after I saw what happened last time. I also have an account with them by phone and on-line so only credit card info has to be added. For on-line, the Wish List is just a click away from the basket so I don't have to hunt for everything. I figure that the email notification only works when a stock is idle and there is time for them to get the word out.

Gale said:
What bothers me is my credit card company likes me so much, they upped my cred level and I COULD get an XXXXXXXXXX.

But I won't. :<(((((((

Cheers
Gale

Gale, this is good news but is there a reason why you don't want the X? Are you happy with the camera you use?

What I wish I could afford is a much longer lens but Nikon is so expensive and I'm not sure about the other brands. Do you? I would dearly love to have an 800-1000mm for ourdoors but that would cost me more than the X did.

Melissa

Larry Gleason said:
Not so bad really. I've started calling B&H every morning at opening time. The first time I did that the guy gave a little laugh and said, "Well, here we go, its already started." I asked him if they get a lot of calls for the D2X everyday and he said oh yeah. I still check the web site every hour or so just in case. Phone routine: Phone ready, check, clock check for approaching 9:00 AM, check, credit card ready, check, Wish List called up, check ($1K extra items to order), 1-800 B&H number at top of screen, check, mute TV at 8:59, check, 9:00 AM, check, dial 1-800 number, check, go through the 2 stage number selection process (6/4 I believe), check, talk to B&H rep, check, no D2Xs yet, check, reverse ready process, check, hangup, go to another website, unmute TV, card back in wallet, phone back to kitchen, nap, check.

You have quite a system going there Larry. I call that persistance. I will keep my eye out for you as well and if I should see one I will send you a pm.

Melissa

Catz said:
You have quite a system going there Larry. I call that persistance. I will keep my eye out for you as well and if I should see one I will send you a pm.

Melissa

Thanks, Melissa. Remember that I'm only going to buy from B&H. On the credit cards, the important thing is that after it's charged it gets paid off in full. No delayed payments, no interest payments!

Catz said:

Melissa

HEY!!! What about me!?!?! :?

feeling awfully invisible around here :cry: :cry:

realeyz said:
Catz said:

Melissa

Yes, our systems are the same and I got ya covered. Just remember that you are three hours behind me so don't be cranky if you get a wake up call. If your wife might answer, make sure she knows that the heavy breathing is from D2Xitis.

Thats totally ok Larry - anytime is fine - I am not married, but the girl I live with has her own phone in her room anyway. My phone is only in my studio (i have no phone in my bedroom) And as I mentioned my sleep habits are basically on Australia time so I am nocturnal. 8) Also the last thing I would be is cranky if someone was calling about a D2x being available. You may have a hard time getting me to stop dancing however. :wink:

Also I can be reached easily via AIM - "todsiechen" or "realeyz" - I am pretty much at my computer all the time when not sleeping or playing hockey.

Thanx again! :D

For Todd

realeyz said:
Catz said:

Melissa

Hi Todd.

I will keep an eye out for you a D2X as well. I didn't mean to leave you left out :wink:
Melissa

Latest threads

Top Bottom