No. IL/So. Wisc Cafe Members***POSTPONED***

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Attention Northern Illinois / Southern Wisconsin / Anyone that has money for gas!!!! Papa85 (Tony) and I are interested in hosting an afternoon of shooting (perhaps at the Brookfield Zoo, but location is very flexible) for Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Michigan Nikon Cafe members or any member who has the ability to tap into their hard earned savings to afford gasoline to come to the Chicago area. A weekday, Saturday or Sunday...Tony and I have flexible schedules...whatever the majority agrees upon. PM me or Papa85 and let's make some plans.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Brew

I'd love to go and meet you guys down there but after this weekend the boys are heavy into football and Volleyball on the weekends :Depressed

dang nab family, always gets in the way :wink:

Hey Frank,

Count me in. It will be nice to meet you all.

Have they finished all of the new exhibit areas at the Zoo? I haven't been there in several years?

Mike

Brew said:
I'd love to go and meet you guys down there but after this weekend the boys are heavy into football and Volleyball on the weekends :Depressed

dang nab family, always gets in the way :wink:
Hey Bruce,

I totally understand...there never seems to be enough time to get everything done. My time is limited as well lately, but I can certainly fit into my schedule. There will be other times to get together, Bruce...I'll be in touch. I wouldn't mind going to your zoo in the future!!!

Mike Z said:
Hey Frank,

Count me in. It will be nice to meet you all.

Have they finished all of the new exhibit areas at the Zoo? I haven't been there in several years?

Mike
Hi Mike,

It's great to hear that you would like to meet up with us. I was there last Monday and it appears that there are no major projects going on right now in any of the exhibits. They just completed a project at the south gate where visitors enter and exit, but it looks mostly cosmetic. I will check some dates with Tony, then PM you with some date options.

Hey Frank,

I would like to join you guys as well. I was just recently down at Brookfield with my boy a couple of weeks ago. I got a couple of good shots but nothing to write home about. It was really hot and the animals were showing it.

I just hope when you guys decide to go that it's not on my weekend to work.

Here is a shot to show you how hot and miserable it was that day. This guy would not get up and roar for me at all.

48128043.jpg

Oh and by the way, I am going to go to the Waukegan Air Show On September 10th if anyone wants to go. I will try to post a link. Here goes!

Here is a list of some of the planes that will be there.

2-4:30 pm
Aircraft type Performer
North American T-2 Buckeye Jet Paul Wood
North American T-6 Texans
North American T-28 Trojans Trojan Horsemen
North American P-51 Mustangs Greenhill/Buechler/Lenoch
North American B25H Bomber Barbie III
Navy Stearman Paul Wood
Lockeed T-33 Shooting Star Jets Keppler/Borst
Grumman TBM Avenger Bomber Tom Buck
Extra 300
Coastguard Helicopter US Coastguard
Cessna L-19 Birdog Paul Wood
Boeing Stearman Susan Dacy
Blackhawk Helicopter US Army
Bellanca Decathlon Bill Bruns
Aero Vodochody L-39 Albatros Jets Hoppers
Wacco Bi-Plane
US Customs Helicopter US Customs
Scout Seaplane Jeff Clark
Robinson R22 Helicopter WW Helicopters
North American F-86 Sabre Jet Paul Wood
Gliders Atwell/Ryan
Corporate Jets DB aviation
Cessna 195 Vince Borst
Cessna 170 Duncan
Cessna 140 Kurt Gustufson

When:
Saturday, September 10, 2005 at 2:00 PM

http://www.waukeganairshow.com/?pop=1

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ty,

Glad to hear that you are interested in meeting up with us for the zoo trip. It should be a great time and the weather should be cooler than your visit there in August. I was there this past Monday and it was perfect, low humidity and temps in the upper-70s. I wish that I could make it to the Waukegan air show with you, but I am on shift that day. Maybe next year :rolleyes:

Tony and I will be in touch with exact times for the zoo trip...now you do what you have to do so you aren't working that day. :Guns:

Be safe!!!

Frank

Frank :

Yeesh. And you do this when I'm not on long term assignment in Wisconsin. Why didn't this come in August ? :Depressed :eek: :Depressed

John P.

PJohnP said:
Frank :

Yeesh. And you do this when I'm not on long term assignment in Wisconsin. Why didn't this come in August ? :Depressed :eek: :Depressed

John P.
That's a great question...my default answer is that it was too hot!!! But there are other times that we can get together. The next time that you are on a long term assignment in Wisconsin...let us know and we'll set something up. The fall colors are not far away...perhaps we can shoot then. Thanks for your interest in meeting up with us...please accept a "rain check". :smile:

eng45ine said:
That's a great question...my default answer is that it was too hot!!! But there are other times that we can get together. The next time that you are on a long term assignment in Wisconsin...let us know and we'll set something up. The fall colors are not far away...perhaps we can shoot then. Thanks for your interest in meeting up with us...please accept a "rain check". :smile:
Frank :

Thanks for the offer. I may just take you up on that one of these days. :biggrin:

Funny how all these things work out.

John P.

P

papa85

No. IL/So. Wisc Cafe Members

No. IL/So. Wisc Café Members

Just to let all those coming to the IL/Wisc. Shoot at the Brookfield Zoo. Here is the final Date and Time and were to meet.

Date-Saturday Sept 17, 2005

Time-10:30am

Were to meet- At the North Gate in front of the ticket booths.

For those that need directions, here they are.

Take I-90, exit 1st Ave going South. to 31st Street apox. 2-3 miles, turn (R) West into Main Parking Lot, park and walk up to the ticket Booths. Look for Frank and Tony. We will be the ones with the Cameras... LOL :biggrin: :confused:

Postponed

***POSTPONED*** Postponed due to low turnout for various reasons. We will re-schedule at a later date.

Any interest in rescheduling this in the next couple of months? I'm not a big contributor here but would like to meet some other local photographers.

Absolutely...many from the area are itching to get out and snap a few. Any specific ideas of where to shoot? Downtown? Botanical Garden? Milwaukee Zoo? Always open to suggestions. Your thoughts?

Frank I am up for just about anything. I have never been to the Botanical garden or the Milwaukee Zoo. Other possible places could be the Morton Arboretum or Brookfield Zoo. I live 5 minutes away from the Brookfield Zoo. But just about anywhere would be fine with me. Is that broad enough of an answer for you? What types of photography are interested parties into? Personally I enjoy Wildlife, Macro, Landscape(but suck at it). Maybe a night shoot in Chicago. I always thought that would be fun.

gluwater said:
......Maybe a night shoot in Chicago. I always thought that would be fun.
I think it is a good idea, crossing the Millennium Park bridge to the lake, Millennium Park fountain & the bean then walk along Michigan Ave to downtown ...

Thanks for the input guys. I would really enjoy shooting Chicago from dusk into the evening hours...that would be a great time. I just went to the Arboretum and was rather unfulfilled, but it is always a great place in the fall for the colors. The Botanical Gardens is awesome and will be a prime location beginning in a couple of weeks when the blooms have a bit more time to open. Milwaukee Zoo is another great trip, haven't been there in 15 years. I am a member of Brookfield Zoo and go there alot, and am always ready for another trip there.

I have very little experience shooting landscapes and am itching to shoot some so I can a feel for it. I am going to buy a Canon 500D to help with macro shooting. Fellas, I'm game for anything.

I've heard that the Bean is off limits to photographers. I know what you are going to say about every tourist that has ever been to Chicago has a picture of it, but they will not let you set up pro gear (meaning big camera on a tripod). The last time I was there there was a cop there on guard and I saw him turn away a photog. But I like the idea of downtown at dusk to evening. I work nights so hopefully a weekend :biggrin:. Frank I am also a member and live 5 minutes from the brookfield Zoo so if you ever want to go there for a couple hours I am available during the day on weekdays, I work from 2:30PM to 11PM. I kind of feel the same way you do Frank about the Arboretum. It is a pretty place but it is really big and I think you need to be there at specific times to get good shots. Here's a pic I got last time I was there.
66658518-M.jpg

So lets decide on something and do it. I do have some trips already planned, I will be in Bryce and Zion May 16th-21st and Missouri trout fishing June 3rd-6th. But any other time should be fine.

Interesting news about the Bean...I just did a shoot there for a magazine and nothing was said to me. I will make a few telephone calls to check into it.

Nick...I will check the schedule and hook up with you soon!

Latest threads

Top Bottom