No Info From Nikon

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jfenton, Apr 26, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I'm sure that you folks are bored to tears with my saga at this point but I figured I'd keep those of you with issues updated. (I meant camera issues by the way..not mental issues) :)

Two messages left and one e-mail sent yesterday with silence...no response.

Late in the day I called the regular old 800 service number and they put me on hold to supposedly "speak to the technician servicing my camera". Two minutes later I'm told that there is no update and that they're still working on it.

I'm pretty disgusted at this point. Second repair trip...this is now day 6 "in-shop".

No need to respond....like I said, I'm just keeping those of you who might have interest in this topic updated.

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Jim,
    Trust me, your updates are very beneficial. I'm looking forward to your updates in order to make my final decision.

4. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Monty...

Sometimes silence is deafening and speaks volumes.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. bpetterson

bpetterson Guest

Could be in Japan??

Could be out in the field??

Could be lost??

Hope that you get it back real soon.

Birger

7. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    UPS has Come and Gone

I was hoping that it would just show up but it didn't.

I guess it's time to escalate this higher up the Nikon Chain....somewhere

8. tweber

tweber

Feb 12, 2005
    St. Louis
    Re: UPS has Come and Gone

Jim,

My 2 cents - their refusal to just give you another camera is nonsense. Obviously there are many good D2X's out there. If you're going to escalate, you might go in that direction. Just replace the damn thing.

Tom

9. I wonder Jim, how much your issue has cost Nikon in postponed sales of the D2X? I bet the number would give Nikon a very large headache!

As for not replacing the unit, can you imagine if they DID? Every tom, **** and D2X'r who even "thought" they had a problem would be screaming for a new unit. If they were smart, they'd take your serial number, slap it on a new unit and ship it back to you (grin).

Keep the updates coming and stay on them!

_/oe

10. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Joe

Same serial number and new body would work just swell in my eyes :)

Then again, that means they could put my old camera in a new body and give it back as well.

Hmmmmm....

Jim

11. I prefer to think that this means they are either:

a) waiting on parts to replace, and the parts are in scarce supply
    b) preparing to announce a new repair program and are holding off until the details are worked out, or
    c) there's so many cameras in for this same repair that several people were ahead of you and they haven't gotten to yours yet.

Whatever it is, I hope there's a resolution for you soon.

12. Jim,

So sorry you have to go through this headache with Nikon. I just feel that they don't know what the problem is so that's why they are stalling. I wish firmware is all it would take to fix the problem.

I wonder if it is just the ones sold in the US or are there many other ones in different parts of the world having the same problem.

13. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Mellissa

I've talked to folks from just about everywhere except for Asia with these issues.

Course...we've never heard of the issue before this :)