No more hummingbirds...

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Uncle Frank, Feb 9, 2005.

1. No more hummingbirds... for a while, that is. My mint condition 85mm f/1.8 just arrived, and I'm going to solder it to the d70 until
    I get over the new-lens-adoration phase. But here's a few I caught this morning, before the postman showed up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Frank these are stunning. I bet you will start shooting the hummers with the 85mm. :lol:

3. Very impressive Frank. You will just have to move in a little closer with the 85mm but then these hummers have become your friend anyway.

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Frank, these are just sickening.... 8)

You might not believe this, but we really, really, *never* get tired of such lovely hummer shots.... :p I mean, you can talk lens lust all you want, but there are a bunch of us that have hummer lust just as badly.... :D :D

Can't wait to see what you come up with using the new baby.... :mrgreen:

Frank

5. Thanks, Frank. That's the nicest thing anyone's said to me today :) .

6. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Hi Uncle Frank,

I never get tired of your hummers and if they're posted I'll go to them..so never stop them.

Which lens did you use for the lovely pictures in this post?

In the summer at Glen Lake near Traverse City, Michigan we have at least 25-30 hummers a day that hum around our feeders. They really swarm the part of the cottage where I've got the feeders.

This coming summer I plan to sit out there often and get pictures. I haven't learned much about the flash attachments and how to do that but I hope to this summer. So I'll be posting my attempts at the hummers then.

You are my role model for the hummers. I remember last summer you used the 70-300 for them, if I recall correctly. You always do a great job with them and thanks.

I really do have Hummingbird lust when I see your photos,

Thanks,
    Gaye

7. I am with the "we'll never get tired of hummers" folks. Keep'm coming as long as you still have subjects to shoot.

If you were a really nice guy you could post a "how to shoot hummers tutorial" for us more challenged photographers.

8. Awesome as always

Very nice Frank, I am sure you will love the 85 1.8

9. So cool!

keep them, coming! I'm going to start shooting them myself we have them on the lot on Vancouver Island, how do you get so close, do you feed them in etc?