NO MORE Kingstons in my Nikon Bodies!

I've had it with the Kingston 16 gb 133x card I have. Does anyone want it?
I'll give it away for free. I was shooting this weekend and I wanted to only carry one camera, one lens and one CF on me. The D300 did well as always, the 28-300 VR also did well on the DX body and well.....the CF card.... made me mad. I kept getting a "CHA" and "memory card error". After about two dozen shots it would not work any more. I have read that Kingstons are hit and miss with Nikon bodies. So for now on, more more Kingstons. I'll stick with my trusty Sandisk or R Datas of which I never had any issues with. Send me a Pm if you want a Kingston 16gb 133x...This thing is cursed! It's a good thing I never used this in a wedding.

Last edited by a moderator:
In over 8 years of shooting digital(covering the NFL) I've always used Lexar and never had a problem.

I've had it with the Kingston 16 gb 133x card I have. Does anyone want it?
I'll give it away for free.
I was shooting this weekend and I wanted to only carry one camera, one lens and one CF on me. The D300 did well as always, the 28-300 VR also did well on the DX body and well.....the CF card.... made me mad. I kept getting a "CHA" and "memory card error". After about two dozen shots it would not work any more. I have read that Kingstons are hit and miss with Nikon bodies. So for now on, more more Kingstons. I'll stick with my trusty Sandisk or R Datas of which I never had any issues with. Send me a Pm if you want a Kingston 16gb 133x...This thing is cursed! It's a good thing I never used this in a wedding.

If your giving it away, shoot me a PM!

(Nevermind it's a CF card)

Another possibility is that it could counterfeit cards.
Questions to ask?
Are they purchased from a reliable source?
If counterfeit the capacity is most probably labelled more than reality, it is one of the reason that as an example a 16gb. rated card can not be formatted or used past 2gb.

Also is the cards formatted each time they are re-inserted in the camera?

Hope this can help.

Another possibility is that it could counterfeit cards.
Questions to ask?
Are they purchased from a reliable source?
If counterfeit the capacity is most probably labelled more than reality, it is one of the reason that as an example a 16gb. rated card can not be formatted or used past 2gb.

Also is the cards formatted each time they are re-inserted in the camera?

Hope this can help.

Yea...counterfeit from China you mean? It is possible. I think I bought the card online somewhere.
I always format before I begin a new assignment and the Kingstons are the only ones I ever have trouble with. Still...broke the back on camel and never again will a Kingston enter any of my bodies. A member sent me a PM already wanting it. LOL. I hope they have better luck.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom