no more metallic paper from mpix?

In the past, I have ordered prints on metallic paper from mpix. But, I don't see it as a option on their site anymore. Was it discontinued?

In the past, I have ordered prints on metallic paper from mpix. But, I don't see it as a option on their site anymore. Was it discontinued?
its been replaced by Fuji Pearl paper.

i use millers which is the same company and they got rid of the Kodak Metallic paper because well kodak is out of business and they needed a consistent source of the paper.

I have used the Fuji pearl paper and its pretty darn close if not almost exactly the same in texture and color and I am happy with it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
its been replaced by Fuji Pearl paper.

i use millers which is the same company and they got rid of the Kodak Metallic paper because well kodak is out of business and they needed a consistent source of the paper.

I have used the Fuji pearl paper and its pretty darn close if not almost exactly the same in texture and color and I am happy with it.
Thank you! I'll give it a try. I'm sure I'll be happy with it.

Also, try MpixPro. I have been extremely happy with the quality of prints I've ordered from them. And using Roes makes it a breeze to order :)

Carole

I also noticed that recently when placing an order from Mpix. I emailed them, and they informed me that they stopped using the Kokak Metallic paper and are using the Fuji Pearl paper.

I loved the Kodak Metallic paper, and I am now trying the Fuji Pearl paper. I haven't noticed a big difference in the few Pearl prints I have had made so far, but since I have only made a few prints with the Pearl paper it's hard to really judge it vs the Metallic paper. It does seem that the Kodak paper has more of a "metallic type of shine" to it, and that is why they named it Metallic. The Pearl does have the super gloss that the Metallic has, but it seems to be less in that 'shine' that the Metallic paper has.

One thing Mpix mentioned in the reply to me regarding the Pearl paper is that it is better at bringing out shadow areas. That can be good if you are looking to achieve more detail in those areas in your prints.

I recently noticed the lack of metallic at Mpix also.
I only had one print made with that paper but I was thrilled with the results. Glad to hear positive things about the pearl. Gonna give it a try.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom