No multiple frame shutter release any longer

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Harry Lavo, Jul 25, 2007.

1. My D50 seems to want only to take single shots the last two days. i first noticed that the camera became sluggish two-three days ago. By tonight that had crystalized into the camera not shooting multiple frames at all. Occassionally it would not fire at all although light and exporsure appeared adequate. I've done all the obvious things....checked the settings, put a fresh battery in, changed from my heavy main shooting lens to a simple 50 1.8, etc. and nothing seems to work...all the while in continous focus mode and shutter release shooting mode.

ss's are not below 400, lens (a Nikon 85 1.8) is shooting wide open, Iso's have been tried from 200 to 1600...nada. Just single shots.

I keep thinking I must have just overlooked something, but for the life of me I don't know what. I alternate that with thinking that my use of a poor D50 to drive a Nikon 80-200 lens, complete with teleconverter, may have done the D50 in.

Anybody else experience anything like this, and if so, found what caused it?

2. Forgot to mention, I also reformated card.

3. Duhh.:rolleyes: Problem solved.

I did overlook the obvious.

I have never deliberately changed the continuous shooting mode, but must have inadvertently hit the button and spun the dial and switched into single shot mode.