No offence intended..........

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by RayGuselli, May 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    I posted some cars in another forum and someone asked me to work on this army truck.....I kept coming back to one theme, given that the writing on the truck referred to freedom.

No apportionment of blame intended - just how I saw the truck and how sad it made me feel.

Hope it is appreciated for what it is intended.

Best wishes

Ray

ps...will delete if it causes any offence.

[​IMG]

2. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Very powerful and tought evoking.

3. Throughout the history of man kind, freedom has come at a tremendous price.
    The resulting images of war are heartbreaking and sad indeed.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    That is a fantastic and very powerful image Ray
    Wowowoow
    And thank You

PS... My Grandson is a Marine

5. Beautifully done Ray. War is never pretty and you have given us all some things to think about. Having a son serving at present and being a veteran myself I wish there were no wars. I wish we could all live in peace and harmony. This may not be possible as long as there are dictators and greed and avarice prevail so standing armies are and will be necessary to protect ourselves IMO.

6. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    It's pretty well done. My old photo editor in me comes out and all I can see is the guy's face looking off the page. A technical nit that drove me nuts through college layout sessions.

I agree with Gordon. Hopefully some day the world will be free of freedom detractors and the necessity to use force to let people lead free, un-intimidated lives will no longer be necessary...until that time, god bless our soldiers. They are simply the best.

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Amended

Good point from GBRandy - much appreciated

Ray

[​IMG]

8. Ray,

Very nice work indeed .......one of my favorite songs is Lucinda Williams "World Without Tears." That song would be a great background to your amazing art work.

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    I personally find this image to be inappropriate. I fail to see how images of blood soaked dead bodies can be considered acceptable for the café. Furthermore, there is an inherent political message in this image which is very transparent.

Granted I have seen more graphic images on the front page of the NYT, but I really dont want to see such images here at the cafe.

Regards

RFC

10. Ray,

Powerful image, well done!

Mike

11. I like your NYC images to make me love America.
    I find the other concept a hard pill to swallow.:frown:

12. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Outstanding work! Thanks for depicting the true price for freedom. You have done an extremely good job, down to the finest detail!

13. Peano

Peano

Jun 22, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
    "I fail to see" isn't an argument against the images. Possibly it's a reason to improve your vision. That's what we're here for, after all.

Well done, Ray. Following GBRandy, I think swapping the top right and top left images would improve the composition.

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005

Dear Mr. Peano,

I am so happy to hear your concerns about my vision. I just made an appointment with an ophthalmologist for a comprehensive examination. The last time I had my eyes check was 10 years ago and it was 20/20. Hopefully, if there has been any degradations since my last check up, I will not need major surgery. If you want, I will update you as to the outcome.

Thanks again Peano, You Da Man ! :smile:

RFC

15. Ray, I really like what you've done here.
    The blends between the images are excellent, so subtle you hardly realize they are separate images.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. RFC, I had to get glasses this year! :frown:

16. Peano

Peano

Jun 22, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
    I meant the other kind of vision, but I guess it never hurts to have the old peepers checked. :cool:

17. Bloody people, the american flag and the word Freedom all over, what a nasty Hollywood invention. Can't believe people fall for that anymore...

18. Serrator

Serrator

Aug 1, 2006
    Missouri
    Well done Ray!

I too have family/friends waging the battles in the Middle East for our and others freedoms.

19. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Ray,
    very well done from a technical stand point!
    Definately thought provoking!
    For me personally I think it flows very well until the bottom right picture. I'm not sure why, but to me it seems out of place (personal opinion). Maybe the reason it seems out of place is because the others have the common element of the soldier, but in that one all we see is a body and others around it with no idea of what happened? Was that person killed by a soldier? Were they a bystander? Were they taking part in the violence? Perhaps that was the point...to leave a question in the viewers mind.

20. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Just to say thanks

I appreciate all the feedback on the image and as you can see from my amendment, have treated it purely as a photographic experiment rather than a Polictical statement.

To my mind, if anything can be learnt from the images we see it is that this world is not a better place and a far less stable and satisfactory environment for our children to inherit.

Hopefully, things can only get better and one can only live in hope of that goal.

Best wishes

Ray

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.