No one has ever successfully painted or photographed a redwood tree

“The redwoods, once seen, leave a mark or create a vision that stays with you always. No one has ever successfully painted or photographed a redwood tree. The feeling they produce is not transferable. From them comes silence and awe. It's not only their unbelievable stature, nor the color which seems to shift and vary under your eyes, no, they are not like any trees we know, they are ambassadors from another time.”

― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Had a nomination to place this as a feature, so I went ahead and placed the image in your post. I urge everyone to click on the image to view it large.

featured!

Beautiful image.
These is a school of thought that is often taught in art/photography classes that images must stand by themselves. If they need text, they are weak images.
I find that a bunch of baloney!
This image is very very nice. The Steinbeck quote took it to a whole other level- at least for me.
Well done.
gary

Hi All,

Thanks everyone.

I just settled on using Capture One to process the RAW files. I had used a bunch of different options ranging from Nikon Capture, Photoshop, Lightroom and a few others. After trying out Capture One for the 30 day trial, I was hooked as it is a really powerful program that allows you to do a lot or a little with an image.

Thanks Wade for placing in the Feature.

Been away from the computer for a while editing images, due to having some issues with my wrist and hands. So, far slowly starting to edit and process a few images here and there.

I have a HUGE amount of images to weed through and delete the bad ones and then edit and post a few here and there. Hopefully I can get back to posting regularly.

I know I will bore you to death after a while like before with images.

Hi All,

Thanks everyone.

I just settled on using Capture One to process the RAW files. I had used a bunch of different options ranging from Nikon Capture, Photoshop, Lightroom and a few others. After trying out Capture One for the 30 day trial, I was hooked as it is a really powerful program that allows you to do a lot or a little with an image.

Thanks Wade for placing in the Feature.

Been away from the computer for a while editing images, due to having some issues with my wrist and hands. So, far slowly starting to edit and process a few images here and there.

I have a HUGE amount of images to weed through and delete the bad ones and then edit and post a few here and there. Hopefully I can get back to posting regularly.

I know I will bore you to death after a while like before with images.
I have never been bored with your images!!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom