No photography for a while...

Yesterday during practice I really smacked to the ground, right on my shoulder and dislocated my shoulder. At least 6 weeks out of the running so I hope I have recovered enough for my trip in june...

Ouch! Take care, Kees!

Thanks!

What were you practicing that you separated your shoulder?

This very dangerous sport I practice is korfbal, a typical Dutch sport. I was explaining my team some exercise and just slipped when I showed it. Normally they would laugh like any 10/11 year old would do but none of the kids did as they could see that it was pretty serious as I didn't get up. Some were pretty shaken up about it...

In the hospital things went pretty smooth and putting the shoulder back was not as painful as I feared. No forceful pulling, feet on my chest, etc :biggrin:

The worst thing is that you really cannot do anything as usual because you have to miss one arm. Lucky for me is that it is my left arm and I'm right-handed so I can manage to do some stuff but more awkward and slowly.

I wish they made left handed cameras. My shooting has been severely limited due to a shoulder injury last summer and I always think, my left one works just fine, maybe I could hold it upside down, slap a high art sticker on it and call it a day.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Kijk ff uit meester:smile::smile:!

Kees, hope you get well soon! Take care!

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a common problem in Rugby and the trainer pushed them back in on the field, I hope you recover quickly normally it is quite quick, I had a golf friend whose came out regularly on the course and we would put him right in no time.

Kees, best wishes for getting well soon. Hope you can make something out of this forced rest - reading etc?

This was a common problem in Rugby and the trainer pushed them back in on the field, I hope you recover quickly normally it is quite quick, I had a golf friend whose came out regularly on the course and we would put him right in no time.

Hmm, I think I would rather have some professional do this... And I hope that I won't have this again the in future!

Kees, best wishes for getting well soon. Hope you can make something out of this forced rest - reading etc?

Thanks! I've loaded my Nexus7 with a bunch of ebooks to get through the day and in between I can do some work. Just have to take care not to work too long (1 hour max at a time) to avoid other injuries.

Get well soon!

Thanks!

Kijk ff uit meester:smile::smile:!

Kees, hope you get well soon! Take care!

Hmm, were you on the field tuesday??

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Hmm, were you on the field tuesday??
Absolutely not! My activities were looking at the abdication, coronation for ~5 minutes and for the rest I was on the bicycle, taking pictures etc. For the rest I had a good book and of course the newspaper NRC, so my day was filled up!

Hi Kees
Get better soon, and an advice while the weather is still cold, take some time of and go to a sauna, seems to do Wonders for me.
Take care
Nico

Absolutely not! My activities were looking at the abdication, coronation for ~5 minutes and for the rest I was on the bicycle, taking pictures etc. For the rest I had a good book and of course the newspaper NRC, so my day was filled up!

So that was some other suspicious looking guy I saw hanging around :biggrin:

Hi Kees
Get better soon, and an advice while the weather is still cold, take some time of and go to a sauna, seems to do Wonders for me.
Take care
Nico

Thanks Nico! Will give the sauna a try; just need to make a call to a friend who has one at home.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom